Just bought a Reavon 4K Blu-ray player!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2457

Reavon prices are about the same as the equivalent Oppo models.

Can you play movies over the network Gel i.e. from a NAS. I know that Reavon are not pushing that side of it.
I don’t know, Michael.

D

Deleted member 196306

How is the Reavon looking with the Panasonic?
I got the CA with the Panasonic. To be honest I haven’t watched many 4K Blu-rays. There’s not much difference between the Panasonic and LG OLED. The Panasonic is duller than the LG, the LG is quite bright with the picture, especially with whites. The Panasonic has more detail and colour in faces and generally. I would say looking at the videos on the internet of the LG versus the Kuro, the Panasonic is like the Kuro. Darker colours but a warmth to the picture.

It’s very interesting comparing the two though, I am digging it! :)

D

Deleted member 196306

I read HCC in Smiths yesterday and no mention of the Reavon 200 in the mag or the index! I am not sure they’ve reviewed it.

D

Deleted member 196306

Make sure you calibrate your Panasonic. Doesn't have to be by a professional. Even settings on the internet will be a good place to start.
I think I will put it in Filmmaker Mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 196306

Richer Sounds offered the Reavon 200 to me for £1399 but I turned it down.

jjbomber

D

Deleted member 196306

Only 4 star review from WHF with sound being the reason it seems for the 4 star review instead of 5. The Reavon Players are definitely like the Oppo players not the Cambridge Audio players because DVDs in 4:3 are still in 4:3 aspect ratio on the Cambridge Audio players, whereas on the Oppo and Reavon they are full screen even though they are shot in 4:3. I prefer the Oppo and Reavon players for this reason.

D

Deleted member 196306

That’s usually a setting for you to choose that option.
Cheers David. I will have to have a look. On the LG OLED TVs you could choose your aspect ratio but it doesn’t seem that the Panasonic OLED does that. I will check it out on the CA player.

D

Deleted member 196306

I think if you’re into HC or HiFi you definitely have to own an Oppo, CA and now Reavon player. Reavon players are definitely great for AV or HiFI fans.

D

Deleted member 196306

It does stretch and distort the picture quote a bit though. If shot in 4:3, best to watch in 4:3.
I am quite wary too watching in 4:3 on an OLED incase of screen burn and I like to watch in full screen. I do think you’re right though with the picture being better in 4:3.

I am quite wary too watching in 4:3 on an OLED incase of screen burn and I like to watch in full screen. I do think you’re right though with the picture being better in 4:3.
Hence I stuck with the best LED in the range rather than going OLED. I guess you’ll get that with widescreen films as well with the black bars too and bottom - I used to see it on an old Panny plasma after watchin pig a couple of films.

D

Deleted member 196306

200 review:

You can see pictures from the Reavon player on a Panasonic OLED TV, they look pretty awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts