Just bought a Reavon 4K Blu-ray player!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2457

Pictures:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: bigboss
Thanks BB. I can’t get a picture or sound that way round. Only for a second in the menu on the player comes up and then disappears again! Think David is right it’s just a mess.
I didn’t say the usability of the player was a mess, I said the initial mess created by the first round of purchasers buying purely to try it out (and probably returning it if it doesn’t do something they want it to), and who don’t fully understand the player, probably because the supplying dealer couldn’t be bothered to teach them how to use it - it’s just another sale to them. I’m waiting until that’s over, and will only be supplying to regulars and those who come and see me so I can run through everything the player is capable of, and how to use it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2457

I didn’t say the usability of the player was a mess, I said the initial mess created by the first round of purchasers buying purely to try it out (and probably returning it if it doesn’t do something they want it to), and who don’t fully understand the player, probably because the supplying dealer couldn’t be bothered to teach them how to use it - it’s just another sale to them. I’m waiting until that’s over, and will only be supplying to regulars and those who come and see me so I can run through everything the player is capable of, and how to use it.
Sorry I mis-read your post. (y) That makes sense. Cheers.

Reactions: davidf
D

Deleted member 2457

Better pictures:669F08D5-74A2-48C0-89C3-BF98BBDB2946.png

Attachments

• 54038CAB-991A-4A1F-B682-30A12EF6752E.png
    54038CAB-991A-4A1F-B682-30A12EF6752E.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • CC0CE877-C174-4BA1-862E-BA14EB03B11B.png
    CC0CE877-C174-4BA1-862E-BA14EB03B11B.png
  • 2DAF2352-80B2-41A1-8B9F-076ED4DF33D6.png
    2DAF2352-80B2-41A1-8B9F-076ED4DF33D6.png
D

Deleted member 2457

It plays DVD Audios too. Every disc I have loaded so far has worked. (y) More pictures:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2457

It plays Dolby Vision and HDR on 4K Blu-ray discs perfectly.

D

Deleted member 2457

Everything i see relating to this player looks like the have bought the rights to Oppo.
Does the box and packaging look look the Oppo box and contents.
Yes, mate. (y) I forgot how to use it with the setup process, thanks for telling me. It’s really nice, if the price of the expensive 200 one comes down a bit I might be tempted to buy that too. I am sold on these. :)

D

Deleted member 2457

Everything i see relating to this player looks like the have bought the rights to Oppo.
Does the box and packaging look look the Oppo box and contents.
Doesnt have Pure Audio on the remote though.

D

Deleted member 2457

don't know if the Oppo 103 had Pure Audio, as this is basically what that Reavon is, the Oppo 105 did.
The Oppo 203 4K Blu-ray player and Cambridge Audio CXUHD player both had Pure Audio. I did own the Oppo 103d but don’t think that did either.

D

Deleted member 2457

There is one bug and that is on Blu-rays and DVDs, if you press stop on the remote when playing the disc it pauses but then you press open on the remote and it opens and goes back to the main menu. If you press stop on a 4K Blu-ray it stops and goes back to main menu.

There is one bug and that is on Blu-rays and DVDs, if you press stop on the remote when playing the disc it pauses but then you press open on the remote and it opens and goes back to the main menu. If you press stop on a 4K Blu-ray it stops and goes back to main menu.
exactly, it assumes you have finished watching, isn't that what the pause button is for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts