Just bought a Reavon 4K Blu-ray player!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abacus

Is it just me or does this 100 player need a 4K amp? And it’s not compatible with 1080p amp? My CA player has 3 HDMIs on the back of it this player only has 2! I think you need an up to date amp for it! :)

Nope, you set the output to video for HDMI 1 and audio for HDMI 2, and then you connect the video direct to your TV and the audio to your AV receiver.

Bill

D

Deleted member 2457

Nope, you set the output to video for HDMI 1 and audio for HDMI 2, and then you connect the video direct to your TV and the audio to your AV receiver.

Bill
Tried that Bill, Spatial have confirmed it’s not going to do it with the old amps.

Tried that Bill, Spatial have confirmed it’s not going to do it with the old amps.
I believe Spatial are wrong in what they say.

Looking at the specs, there's no reason why it can't work with older amps.

HDMI 1 to TV and HDMI 2 to amp.

D

Deleted member 2457

D

Deleted member 2457

Ok think I I misunderstood, you mean you changed some settings on your tv/amp to use the PS5 and now can’t change them back for the Blu ray player?
That’s what I first thought was going on but I read the manual and it states the player needs a 4K amp.

D

Deleted member 2457

I did and still don't know why you would want to book up a PS5 to a universal disc player, but that's just me....
I haven’t I have got a refund for the PS5 a few days ago. The PS5 also only was compatible with 4K amps too, which in lies the problem!

D

Deleted member 2457

No he hooked up PS5 to his amp and TV and changed some settings to get it to work. That has since been returned.
Now he is having trouble getting the blu ray player to work with amp and tv settings etc.
That‘s correct. I put the amp on TV sound to get sound from the PS5 via the amp. I can also get sound for the 100 player via TV sound settings on the amp remote. Both players are only compatible with 4K amps to get the BD settings on the amp remote and soundtracks such as DTS MA and Dolby True HD. These sound tracks won’t work on my amp with the PS5 or 100 player.

Its working perfectly on my CA 4K Blu-ray player with my amp, I get DTS Master Audio etc through the BD settings on the amp remote.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hence I’m holding back doing Reavon until all the initial mess is over - 6 months down the line, all those who ordered wrongly or took a punt, made the wrong choice and returned will have been over and done with.
The player itself is really good, they just need to put on the spec it works with 4K amps only then there isn’t a issue.

That‘s correct. I put the amp on TV sound to get sound from the PS5 via the amp. I can also get sound for the 100 player via TV sound settings on the amp remote. Both players are only compatible with 4K amps to get the BD settings on the amp remote and soundtracks such as DTS MA and Dolby True HD. These sound tracks won’t work on my amp with the PS5 or 100 player.

Its working perfectly on my CA 4K Blu-ray player with my amp, I get DTS Master Audio etc through the BD settings on the amp remote.
I don't think they are likely to sell many if they have to be used with a 4k amp, don't see it some how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts