Journey of starting a hobby speaker company!

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Aluminium outriggers arrived from the engineering company today, so had the give the polishing kit a quick go, wow they come up pretty well! God I love this so much enjoyment from hard work? Am I mad? And they sound even better mounted on these! No they don't they sound the same but look very pretty! Note, Vladamir's badge design, a big thanks to him. He offered his skill for nothing hopfully I can repay this with help for DIY speaker builders, started with Jmac and his Troels Gravesens speaker veneering questions and supply.

1ALLY%20OUTRIGGERS_zpskcgokmp0.png

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi Jmac sent you mail re the veneer, it's not a man cave I guess I have one of those already it's down the other end of the house with my Hifi kit and now dem room! It's going to be workshop. Have a big old chunky workbench off eBay arriving tomorrow. Bought a LED panel light which arrived today it's huge and testing it in the dining room (present workshop) looks like the sun exploded in there, very bright.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Well today has been slower. A slow start hampered by the rain, roof on including the 30mm Celotex and 12mm MPB or something like that its waterproof ply, an dear old friend and ex neighbourgh is a timber merchant he sorted it all for me. Chap helping me is an ex tech guy for a Norwegian paint treatment company producing external paint for the Navey, Eifel Tower etc and a pleasure to work with its been great fun. Finished at 5.27, had to be at my youngest girls School play Eldest at Disney Land Paris with the School. Not looking forward to it, but wow what an evening they were and the play hugley entertaining a real spirit and most of them could act they had a 5 minute standing ovation, bearing in mind I have sat through dreary plays and orchestra nights it was a hugely plesent suprise my daughter was a horse and was definatly not a star however kids that have been anonymous for 5 years came alive and impressed. Tomorrow flooring and doors before I lose my helper, leaving me to hammer on shingles! To be honest tonight, I dont give a stuff about HiFi, great fun, great company and achievement even Mrs Boggit is happy. Been a hard day but fun.

002_zpsdtp9dze4.jpg

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Insulation, electricis, a LED light pane 1200x600 12mm thick for £82 and roof shingles on. Plywood floor sanded and first coat of varnish done second one probally at 9.0 PM tonight.

002_zps5rlu4yfa.jpg

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
iQ Speakers said:
So is Mrs Boggit! Picture 11.23 last night, now the last floor coat before leaving for a glamping weekend.

When I first saw it, I thought Mrs Boggit had finally reached her limit.....and set fire to it! *smile*

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
My metal shed is lined with polystyrene. Great to maintain temperature. I would consider mounting panels on battens to maintain airflow. Just an observation. Good luck with it all.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Luckily wood at 58mm is a failry good insulator, all the corner joints have a weird double cut joint that is wind and water tight, DG windows, doors and Celotex in floor and roof, plywood on top i think it will be pretty warm and cool in summer.

Just to put everybodys mind at rest*clapping* all still up in the morning,

005_zpszt9pkn9d.jpg

had hose running just in case. Off glamping with all of the parents from year 6 we are staying in a cabin pod about half the size i just built!

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Some body suggested I was building a sub! This is going to help so much in building speakers have a veneer store keeping them all flat. Vacuum press primed and ready to go. A proper workbench covered in carpet to protect speakers as I build. All the tools handy and no packing away each day.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Your more than welcome, Just got back from Glamping what a wonderful weekend lovely people, highlight was sat around 2 fire pits last night with a huge pile of wood, drinking, playing music via the car and Spotify until lost 3G, then Tim got his gutair out played and sang with a couple of the other girls as Chorus, he didn't just play chords he played all the tinkly bits, brilliant. Followed this morning with a very unsucsesful sailing adventour. Got home and put the 1200x600 LED panel up amazing diffused light and a bargin £82 from buyledpanels they do a 200mm porthole looking LED about 12mm thick for £12! 5 year warranty thet are the designers and importers.

010_zpsa3ovk39j.jpg

3Ph1fTnl.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts