John Lewis to drop the never knowingly undersold slogan!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Not sure what this means for price matches though do you?

Gray

They've stopped pretending not to know, what those in the know,
knew that they knew.

When my brother was buying a telly, he pointed out to JL that they were being undersold.
They knew.
Fair enough, they did the odd price match but sold plenty to those that never actually compare prices - because that slogan was very reassuring.

They've stopped pretending not to know, what those in the know,
knew that they knew.

When my brother was buying a telly, he pointed out to JL that they were being undersold.
They knew.
Fair enough, they did the odd price match but sold plenty to those that never actually compare prices - because that slogan was very reassuring.
I’m pretty sure that’s the case too. They’d happily publicise matching Debenhams 25% of perfume because there’s 100% markup, but on electrical stuff it’s suicidal.

Personally, I think their free extra warranty on products like Apple are worth getting, though Richer Sounds run them close on TVs for example.

Reactions: Gray
D

Deleted member 108165

I think John Lewis are going to go more online in the future too and close more stores.
That will be a sad day indeed when you have no shops to go and compare electronics in the flesh... you'll have to rely solely on reviews. That day is approaching fast.

D

Deleted member 2457

Ending their price match will not help them with that problem though.
It's likely to make it worse for them.
Agree, if they are not careful they are going to drive customers away too if they haven’t already with all their constant changes to their terms eg no returns unless faulty.

Agree, if they are not careful they are going to drive customers away too if they haven’t already with all their constant changes to their terms eg no returns unless faulty.
"No returns unless faulty" applies to you specifically I think, instead of a blanket policy. Wasn't there a pact with John Lewis with your agreement in the past that they won't sell products to you?

D

Deleted member 2457

"No returns unless faulty" applies to you specifically I think, instead of a blanket policy. Wasn't there a pact with John Lewis with your agreement in the past that they won't sell products to you?

Yes we had a little pact in store but I was still allowed to buy stuff though. That has now finished sometime ago though.

If you use a product you cannot return it.

D

Deleted member 2457

That has always been the case. They also mention this:

If you've changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we'll exchange or refund it.

By original condition we mean:

• you’ve kept all original packaging and labels in good condition and the product can be resold at full price
  • you haven’t used the product
  • the product contains no personal data and isn’t registered to a user.
The following products won’t be eligible for exchange or refund (unless faulty or not as described):

Products that have been opened or unsealed (other than where necessary to inspect)

D

Deleted member 2457

Do they all know you by name in the Milton Keynes branch Gel? :)
Strangely enough I barely go in there and especially this year I think I have been in there once and that was to buy my 75 inch Samsung QLED TV. I have only ever once returned a TV to John Lewis and that was because I was worried about screen burn having had it twice so I bought a LED TV instead. I have bought 4 TVs there this and last year if anything they love me especially the Samsung rep in there. :)

buzz_lightclick

Strangely enough I barely go in there and especially this year I think I have been in there once and that was to buy my 75 inch Samsung QLED TV. I have only ever once returned a TV to John Lewis and that was because I was worried about screen burn having had it twice so I bought a LED TV instead. I have bought 4 TVs there this and last year if anything they love me especially the Samsung rep in there. :)
I’m sure they do mate, must have made a lot of commission from your purchases over the years! ;)

Reactions: Deleted member 2457

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts