John Lewis Return Policy

richcam

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Ok Folks......regarding the JL returns policy.

If I take up the current JL offer of free installation on many of their TVs..and ,a few days after installation , I decide that I'm not happy( nothing faulty) simply that the TV didn't match the Instore impression. Plan I use their policy to return the TV.

The terms state that I can ,up to 90 days, if unused......but ,as JL ,installed it obviously can't be unused.

SO..can I use the TV for 90 days and then return.....as long as their is no damage?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
richcam said:
Ok Folks......regarding the JL returns policy.

If I take up the current JL offer of free installation on many of their TVs..and ,a few days after installation , I decide that I'm not happy( nothing faulty) simply that the TV didn't match the Instore impression. Plan I use their policy to return the TV.

The terms state that I can ,up to 90 days, if unused......but ,as JL ,installed it obviously can't be unused.

SO..can I use the TV for 90 days and then return.....as long as their is no damage?

You can if you simply change your mind and feel it doesn't live up to expectations BUT John Lewis will charge you for doing so unless the TV is faulty, I'm not entirely sure how much but I think it's 10-20% of the purchase price (a similar charge applies at Richer Sounds in the same circumstances).

To be charged is fair enough as the item is then used and the retailer will have to discount it to sell it on so you are better off thoroughly testing before you buy. John Lewis have the best lit departments out there as they aren't subject to harsh lighting and more accurately reflect a real world situation so go in there and test the tvs you are looking at and ask for the remote so you can put them in home mode. Take your time and try to make an informed choice from reviews and go for whichever one you are most impressed with.

Hope that helps.

D

Deleted member 2457

I understand it as you have 28 days to change your mind and ask for a refund. It can be opened, used whatever, they will still refund you. So yes you can try it and see if you like it or not.

D

Deleted member 2457

At Costco I think you have 90 days to change your mind free of charge.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
I understand it as you have 28 days to change your mind and ask for a refund. It can be opened, used whatever, they will still refund you. So yes you can try it and see if you like it or not.

That's not what I was told in store though gel.

I was told I could only return a TV within 28 days if it was faulty for an exchange or refund. If I just changed my mind I would be charged. Online this may be different with the distance selling regulations.

Of course it could be that I was not given the correct information in store so if you know better than I would defer to your better knowledge.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
gel said:

That's not what I was told in store though gel.

I was told I could only return a TV within 28 days if it was faulty for an exchange or refund. If I just changed my mind I would be charged. Online this may be different with the distance selling regulations.

Of course it could be that I was not given the correct information in store so if you know better than I would defer to your better knowledge.
That was the case when I bought my LG OLED and my previous TVs. Some of their staff do come out with different opinions though. But I am pretty sure this is still the case.

richcam

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Cheers Oldboy,, I kind of thought that may be the case.

The point is that if JL are offering free install then,of course, there's no way it can be returned unused. I completed a live chat with an agent who stated that it could be returned ,after inspection, as long as there is no damage.....she didn't mention anything about a charge though.

appreciate your advice.......I'm some way from a JL.....have looked in Currys although I'm wary of how these places set up there TVs......I'm looking carefully online for advice,reviews from experts etc......hence why im on this excellent forum

John Lewis are usually very good. They accept returns upto 90 days for non-faulty products.

This is what they state in their returns policy:

"If you're unhappy with your purchase, please let us know. Unless faulty, we'd like this to be within 90 days of purchase."

http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/customer-services/information-about-ordering-and-returning-products#page_loaded

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Then it would seem I was given the wrong information in store by John Lewis bigboss. Many thanks for clearing that up, I presume the same applies in store as it does on John Lewis.com?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
richcam said:
Cheers Oldboy,, I kind of thought that may be the case.

The point is that if JL are offering free install then,of course, there's no way it can be returned unused. I completed a live chat with an agent who stated that it could be returned ,after inspection, as long as there is no damage.....she didn't mention anything about a charge though.

appreciate your advice.......I'm some way from a JL.....have looked in Currys although I'm wary of how these places set up there TVs......I'm looking carefully online for advice,reviews from experts etc......hence why im on this excellent forum

No problem

If you look at what bigboss posted you will see you have 90 days to test any tv you buy from John Lewis just as gel also suggested so you can at least buy with confidence from them. If you aren't happy return it just as I did, I got a no quibble replacement.

Of course you will get some very good advice on this forum from those better placed than me to guide you so any questions just fire away as everyone will do their best to help.

Oldboy said:
Then it would seem I was given the wrong information in store by John Lewis bigboss. Many thanks for clearing that up, I presume the same applies in store as it does on John Lewis.com?
Yes, both online and in-store. You should give them a feedback online regarding the advice you received in the store.

90-day return policy shouldn't surprise anyone. They're competing with the best in the market; Lakeland doesn't have a time limit on returns. I once returned a Bamix hand blender after 4 or 5 months because I wasn't happy with its performance (nothing wrong with the product itself). They took it back, apologised and refunded me the money. No questions asked.

richcam

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
So, I need to seek clarification on something as either I'm losing it or JL live chat are employing people with no common sense.....likely me though!!

Has anyone on here used the JL trade in offer for a TV? ( finishes 12/10)

i just live chat(ted), to enquire how to proceed if I want to trade in.

Simple, said the agent....enter the code...and it will discount the relevant amount....tick the disposal box if you want to dispose of TV yourself..or we can for £9???

SO , this is where it's all gone a bit EH????

am I wrong here?... Does this not mean I can get £300 off the TV I want...tick a.box stating I will dispose of my old TV myself...and then, presumably sell it on to someone??

apart from that last bit, according to JL agent , YES ....it's there in the terms and conditions ( which she kindly added )

have I gone insane ? Or have JL?

)

D

Deleted member 2457

richcam said:
So, I need to seek clarification on something as either I'm losing it or JL live chat are employing people with no common sense.....likely me though!!

Has anyone on here used the JL trade in offer for a TV? ( finishes 12/10)

i just live chat(ted), to enquire how to proceed if I want to trade in.

Simple, said the agent....enter the code...and it will discount the relevant amount....tick the disposal box if you want to dispose of TV yourself..or we can for £9???

SO , this is where it's all gone a bit EH????

am I wrong here?... Does this not mean I can get £300 off the TV I want...tick a.box stating I will dispose of my old TV myself...and then, presumably sell it on to someone??

apart from that last bit, according to JL agent , YES ....it's there in the terms and conditions ( which she kindly added )

have I gone insane ? Or have JL?

)
I think it means in store and you tick the button.

richcam

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm presuming that JL will uplift when they deliver ..but the girl left me slightly baffled when she said I could choose to dispose of it myself!?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Think gel is right here.

As I understand it you have two choices either they collect the TV and dispose of it for you or you take it to a store to qualify for the trade in offer. I'm looking into this myself but as I purchased in store my only option is to drop the TV off there and claim my cash back.

richcam

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Okay...so I'm just off the phone to JL customer service.

According to them anyone can enter the £300 discount code ...they DONT need to see proof of your TV. NOR take it back?!

If you wish..for £9 they will dispose of your TV for you..

So there you have it LG OLED at £1799 ...£300 off for your "trade in" and then you COULD sell your old TV....

all very peculiar but I ain't gonna argue

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Really?

That's an interesting development thank you for the info. I'm going to call the store where I purchased and enquire about this offer to see where I stand.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
I have spoken to my local John Lewis store and the offer is not applicable to purchases made out of the date of the promotion so they are unable to apply the discount on my TV as it fell just outside of the promotion and is run by LG and not John Lewis.

Take advantage of it richcam as that's a very good deal you have got there.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
I have spoken to my local John Lewis store and the offer is not applicable to purchases made out of the date of the promotion so they are unable to apply the discount on my TV as it fell just outside of the promotion and is run by LG and not John Lewis.

Ah not again! They are not being very nice to you.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:

Oldboy, in my local John Lewis today they had your TV with Fast and The Furious 7 on and it looked amazing! The blacks were clear Kuro beaters.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Tell me about it gel! No matter what I try it seems I am destined to not get anymore cash back but I will keep trying.

I keep meaning to get some pics up of my OLED to show you gel, any suggestion of movie to use for the pictures? I have way too many discs so I'm bound to have whatever you suggest.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
Tell me about it gel! No matter what I try it seems I am destined to not get anymore cash back but I will keep trying.

I keep meaning to get some pics up of my OLED to show you gel, any suggestion of movie to use for the pictures? I have way too many discs so I'm bound to have whatever you suggest.
The Batmans are always good, anything you think looks good, I like seeing the black levels remember to put the flash off. Cheers

TRENDING THREADS