James Bond blu-ray boxset £24.99

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
The BluRay boxsets were sold for under £10 each here in Norway at "SpaceWorld", of course after I had paid full price for the very same.

Still waiting for the remaining titles - anyone heard a murmer from MGM ?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Great deal! And regarding the release of the rest of the movies the signs are good now that MGM has green lit the next movie, expect the rest to be released in the run up to Bond 23 which is due for release in 2012 and covered in the off-topic threads!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Oldboy:
Great deal! And regarding the release of the rest of the movies the signs are good now that MGM has green lit the next movie, expect the rest to be released in the run up to Bond 23 which is due for release in 2012 and covered in the off-topic threads!

I don't think it's quite as simple as that, if the remaining films haven't gone through the extremely thorough remastering process that the current BD releases have had then it might be a little longer than that before the lot are available.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
They have; Lowry/DTS remastered the entire series....Mind you, they've also remastered the first three Indiana Jones films for Blu-ray, and we ain't seen those yet, either
emotion-39.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:They have; Lowry/DTS remastered the entire series....

Oh cool, hopefully they'll start coming a bit quicker then, now that MGM seem to have stabilized their position.

Mind you, they've also remastered the first three Indiana Jones films for Blu-ray, and we ain't seen those yet, either
emotion-39.gif

Ah, George probably hasn't finished putting more stormtroopers in or something (german ones, obviously)...

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
I've always been confused by the claim that the Bond films were re-mastered specifically for Blu-ray.

Why? Well, the Dr No BD, for example, has a promo in the extras that reveals the processes/techniques involved during the remastering.

But, it's the same promo that was used in the Ultimate Edition DVDs, with the same production-date during the end credits, which obviously pre-dates the BDs' release date.

Umm...
emotion-40.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
They were remastered specfically for Blu-ray; they were also remastered for the Ultimate Edition DVDs (which is where that featurette comes from), but they had to go back to the camera negatives for the HD transfer. More in my blog here - a shame they didn't include a more up-to-date profile in the BD release....

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:They were remastered specfically for Blu-ray; they were also remastered for the Ultimate Edition DVDs (which is where that featurette comes from), but they had to go back to the camera negatives for the HD transfer. More in my blog here - a shame they didn't include a more up-to-date profile in the BD release....

Ah, OK, but I thought they also used the negs for the Ultimate Edition remasters?

Which is why I've always suspected that the BDs are sourced from the Ultimate Editions' new master tape. Seems odd that MGM/Eon have confused matters by using the Ultimate Edition's featurette.

Going to have a peep at your blog...
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts