Status
Not open for further replies.

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys and gals. Anyone on here got experience of Jamcast software? I already stream lossless files across my wired network to a PS3. Want to be able to do the same with internet based stuff (spotify). This claims to be able to stream anything from your pc to a suitable DLNA device using 'virtual soundcard' (spotify and ps3 are mentioned in the FAQ section of their site). I am waiting for an email back from them to set up a 14 day trial.

A

Anonymous

Yes it just streams your pc sound output to any upnp client.

When u browse the Jamcast upnp server - the pc stream is under 'my music' -> 'playlist' -> 'virtual soundcard', and u hear whatevers playing on ur pc.

It can also share u music collection and transcode if necessary.

wilsmusic

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I use Jamcast with my Sony BDP S370 but have also used with my Playstation. In my view this is an excellent piece of software. The advantage over Windows media sharing is that it does genuinely appear to transcode lossless files on the fly. So for instance while the Sony doesn't support FLAC or WAV via DLNA it will play LPCM files at 1.4mps and this is how my FLAC files stored on my laptop play through the S370. The improvement in sound quality over 320kps/spotify files is very noticeable. To confirm though Jamcast does indeed stream Spotify via the virtual soundcard functionality and does a very passable job at it too.

If like me you want home cinema and music in one setup and are on a pretty limited budget then Jamcast is an excellent piece of software.

Will

Ant8519

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
To Will

I read your comments with interest. I have a BDPS-370 too an was wondering about Jamcast. Can you explain how it works?

Do you use the laptop to choose your music or can that be done via the sony's on screen interface?

Cheers, Ant

Ant8519

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
To Will

I read your comments with interest. I have a BDPS-370 too an was wondering about Jamcast. Can you explain how it works?

Do you use the laptop to choose your music or can that be done via the sony's on screen interface?

Cheers, Ant

LIK

Mar 28, 2020
Visit site
I use JamCast and can confirm that it literally just casts whatever is coming out of your PC speakers to your device (in my case a Monitor Audio A100). If I am using spotify then i can start it playing on the PC and then controlling it with the android app (the app can playback to PC and thereon the PC is cast via jamcast).

I am curious about what is happening with Jamcast im not sure of how it actually works. Is sending an untouched stream from spotify/tidal to the DAC in my amp or has the PC processed it somehow? I would be very curious to find out.

D

Deleted member 188533

This is a 9 year old thread. Please start a new one. :)

Reactions: LIK
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts