J Lab - Terrible Customer Service UK

The Grey Dodger

Oct 9, 2024
Visit site
Just wanted to post to see if anyone else was having awful trouble with J Lab's customer service which seems to be very shaky in the UK.

Getting a response can take ages and it appears they are responding from their USA department?

I've requested a simple return and 5 days later I'm still waiting for them to authorise this.

surely this isn't normal.

Just wanted to post to see if anyone else was having awful trouble with J Lab's customer service which seems to be very shaky in the UK.

Getting a response can take ages and it appears they are responding from their USA department?

I've requested a simple return and 5 days later I'm still waiting for them to authorise this.

surely this isn't normal.
Not good but, if you do buy online, I think we will be seeing a lot more of this.
No idea who J Lab is by the way but it is possible they don't have a UK support centre.
Having had a look at their website it appears that they don't...

Messiah

At least it saves returning them…

Bit of a waste I feel but at the same time, depending on the cost of the product, it’s not worth the cost to them (the company) to pay to ship it back to them and repair it.

I see this with collectible statues (e.g Weta) if a customer receives a damaged item. The company is simply not going to repair it so rather than pay expensive shipping charges to get it back and then just destroy it themselves, they request the customer destroys it, sends proof and then they ship a replacement.

Reactions: DougK1 and Al ears

The Grey Dodger

Oct 9, 2024
Visit site
At least it saves returning them…

Bit of a waste I feel but at the same time, depending on the cost of the product, it’s not worth the cost to them (the company) to pay to ship it back to them and repair it.

I see this with collectible statues (e.g Weta) if a customer receives a damaged item. The company is simply not going to repair it so rather than pay expensive shipping charges to get it back and then just destroy it themselves, they request the customer destroys it, sends proof and then they ship a replacement.
Ok I understand that logic for the company but........ there is nothing wrong with the headphones they just don't fit my ear. So this would be incredibly wasteful.

I think more to the point is why would I destroy an item I would like a return on ? Bearing in mind the delay in correspondence etc. Why would anyone destroy the item prior to refund. You don't have a leg to stand on if the don't refund you unless you perform a chargeback which could go on for a few months.

it really isn't a great refund process.

Ok I understand that logic for the company but........ there is nothing wrong with the headphones they just don't fit my ear. So this would be incredibly wasteful.

I think more to the point is why would I destroy an item I would like a return on ? Bearing in mind the delay in correspondence etc. Why would anyone destroy the item prior to refund. You don't have a leg to stand on if the don't refund you unless you perform a chargeback which could go on for a few months.

it really isn't a great refund process.
If you paid using a credit card and do exactly what the company says you shouldn't have any issues.

Messiah

If they are in-ear headphones then this may be why.

I doubt they can re-sell earbuds that have been in peoples ears.

If they are not faulty then you may have been fortunate to get a refund.

Could see some grey areas with earbuds and returns.

Reactions: Al ears and DougK1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts