J.J. Abrams to direct next Star Wars film?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

Big Chris said:
I'm sorry, but anyone who claims to love creme eggs, yet has eaten 2 out of a possible 50 in a month isn't deserving..... If they were mine, they'd have been done by new years. :)

I know.
smiley-smile.gif
Last year I became addicted to them and at the same sort of time put on a bit of weight, so I have been avoiding them up to now. I have eat 5 galaxy boxes of chocolate bars though since Xmas.
smiley-smile.gif

Amadeus1756

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to bring people back down to earth (no pun intended), but "Lost" (started off well then just seemed to abuse viewers intelligence with making it up as they went along)? And "MI3" (admittedly that wasn't that bad - way better than "Lost", but nothing like as good as MI2, not that I'm suggesting that John Woo *would* be an obvious choice for director).

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
You seem to be fogetting / unaware of the award-winning Alias:

Golden Globe Awards

Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Drama Jennifer Garner (2002)

Saturn Awards

Best Network Television Series (2003)

Best Actress in a Television Series Jennifer Garner (2003)

Best Supporting Actor in a Television Series Victor Garber (2003)

Cinescape Genre Female Face of the Future Melissa George (2004)

Screen Actors Guild Awards

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series Jennifer Garner (2004)

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
professorhat said:
Amadeus1756 said:
And "MI3" (admittedly that wasn't that bad - way better than "Lost", but nothing like as good as MI2, not that I'm suggesting that John Woo *would* be an obvious choice for director).

Seriously? MI2 better than MI3?

Indeed. MI3 wasn't exactly a classic but MI2 blew. John Woo has got a serious slo-mo addiction, it's off-putting.

Amadeus1756

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I thought MI2 was a fabulous film and I generally don't like a lot of the Hollywood blockbusters.

I thought Tom Cruise looked very cool in it, great rock climbing, great bike/balet sequences, great baddy.

I also loved Face/Off. Probably JT's second best film. He really does play an over the top baddy very well, as does NC - put them together with John Woo and you know what you're going to get... :)

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
mitch65 said:
Paul. said:
Fringe finished like a week a go. Amazing TV.

Couldn't agree more....I loved Fringe :grin:

I disagree, I thought the last series of Fringe was poor to say the least and I think we need another Star Wars film like we all need a hole in the head. All these sequels,prequels and revisiting things shows Hollywood has run out of ideas. Money is now all that matters.

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Lost Angeles said:
mitch65 said:
Paul. said:
Fringe finished like a week a go. Amazing TV.

Couldn't agree more....I loved Fringe :grin:

I disagree, I thought the last series of Fringe was poor to say the least and I think we need another Star Wars film like we all need a hole in the head. All these sequels,prequels and revisiting things shows Hollywood has run out of ideas. Money is now all that matters.

I think we needed the last three Star Wars like a hole in the head! :O

I want to see another trilogy so I can erase the abomination of 1, 2 and 3......is it too much to ask?

EDIT- Oh and I actually gave my copy of MI2 away because I thought it was garbage, not saying that MI3 was great but really?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts