admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just bought an airport express to go with my new hifi and it's all working well and good. However, i'm listening to music that was imported onto my laptop at 192kbps VBR, and i'm considering reimporting my cd collection.

The highest quality that i can import them on itunes is 320kbps, how does this compare to cd quality?

will i get better quality through importing on my pc rather than my laptop?

Also, is it worth using VBR while importing the cd's and are there any other settings i should be aware of?

Thanks.

daveh75

bob123:
The highest quality that i can import them on itunes is 320kbps, how does this compare to cd quality?

it's not, in i tunes click edit>preferences>import setting's> in the pop up box that appears change the encoder from aac to lossless encoder, that will give you cd quality.

A

Anonymous

oh yeah, i see. But can i still play lossless files on my ipod? And if so will the lossless files fill my 16gb ipod a lot more than 320kbps aac?

idc

Yes lossless will play on the ipod. Lossless files start at about 400kbps and go up to over 1000 for the odd track. So as a rough average lossless files are over twice the size of 320kbps files.

Messiah

You can still play them on the iPod (except the shuffle I believe) but they will take up more room.

I'm sure someone can give you some comparisons on the file size before I can.....

EDIT - You see!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the replies! Yeah i think i'm going to rip the cd's
in lossless format then eventually get round to converting them to aac.
Is it generally accepted that people can hear a difference between high
quality mp3 or aac and lossless?
Also, can anbody tell me whether there would be a difference in quality if i imported using my laptop or pc?

idc

Try this comparison test between files and judge for yourself if you can tell a difference. I can, just, sometimes!

Again, as for any difference between PC and laptop, try both and judge for yourself. Arguably the computer just holds the files and all the work is done by the DAC/amp/speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts