ITunes Match

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

just got a 64gb 5s and was planing to use match so I can add and remove music without pluging it into the mini.

all my music on the mac is apple lossless and with my 32gb iPod touch I down converted to 320 or 256 Kbps.

does anyone no what iTunes Match will let me download at, or if I can change it in the settings directly to the phone.

i have googled this but all I can find is people replacing old lo-res files on there computers with higher-res can't seem to find anything about the device

cheers

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
192 AAC on portable devices. But bear in mind it's a fundamentally-flawed system and is quite possibly the worst product Apple have ever rolled out. But as a sort of way to having access to sort of most of your collection anywhere you have internet, it sort of works. When it's not busy crashing your iTunes.

Paul.

I thought Match was 256Kbps? If you have ripped music at 320Kbps and iTunes does not have a match available, it will upload the 320Kbps version too.

You are right about the upgrading function, I think this is Apples main selling point and the main thing you will find discussed in online reviews and tutorials. The synical side of me would imagine many are using Match to legitimise large pirated music collections.

As Major says, Match on a mobile device is a bit of a ball ache. It half works, but not as well as you would expect. It does work very well on an Apple TV, it works as smoothly as accessing a home share, but on a mobile device its a bit clumsy. It does not stream, it will download everything you listen to to your mobile. If like me you listen mainly on Random whilst out and about, you run the risk of filling up your phone very quickly. There seems to be no way of seperating your matched music from your local device music, it all shows up as greyed out files in your music list. there is no way of accessing your matched music seperately, its just dumped in with your local music.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Cheers,so 192 is the best for portable devices.
I have been using it for the kids I pads so they can manage there music without them touching the Mac mini that is just used as a media server but I never looked into the download quality for there devices.
Might just have to sync the phone up the old fashioned way and plug it in.
Must admit iTunes Match did kind of mess with my library when I got all my album art prefect spent 4 weeks getting it how I want, embedded all of it only for match to revert it all back to the old files(thank god for time machine)
Cheers :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts