itunes artwork

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
So I finally got my lovely iphone. I downloaded album artwork from itunes to illustrate my music from ripped CDs on it, but it's got some of it wrong! In one amusing example, it's mistaken the Goodfellas OST for the Magic Roundabout, so its cover isn't De Niro, Liotta etc but Dougal!

Any ideas how to fix this?

A

Anonymous

itunes will only use what's in the itunes store however with some of the third party apps here you can select bigger databases. I use list view in itunes so cover art is not too important to me but from memory I think you have to convert art already assigned wrongly manually.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Octopo. Although I'm coming round to the idea that there's a certain serendipity to the whole Dougal-De Niro thing and may just leave it for the sake of amusement!

Woodruffe

Feb 6, 2008
Visit site
I had a similar problem and it just didn't seem right having coverflow with loads of blanks so I found a little program called Tune Sleeve. Costs a few quid but it searches Google Images for the artwork and if it doesn't find it let's you pick the next best thing. I think there is a trial version available to see if you like it.....

Personally I think Zebedee is scarier than Pesci
emotion-1.gif

Ben

A

Anonymous

Finally decided Dougal was just too scary and copied all the correct art over from Google Images myself. Doesn't take too long once you're into the rhythm of it (well, unless your library is huge...) and better than paying to do it! Thanks for the suggestions.

idc

Other free sources for artwork if you are happy with the copy and paste method are 'Albumart' and 'Picsearch'. Both sites will often give you a choice of cover, so if you prefer the obscure Japanese release artwork.... The latter site has also been a good source for other music pictures for compilations I have made up. It has artwork which is used by itunes for its 'Essentials' selections. Don't forget good old 'Amazon' as well.

I have kept a copy of all the artwork I have used on a file in the hard drive after I had a bug which caused album art to swap randomly between tracks on the ipod. The solution to removing the bug was to re-synchronise the ipod without and then with artwork. But that only replaced the itunes available artwork. I had to then copy and paste all the other artwork I had used. This was straight forward as I did not have to go hunting for the artwork again.

A

Anonymous

What's the best to choose for a Windows laptop? I have a Nano, but it's missing loads of artwork.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts