Its lost a knob [:O]

Joe10155

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
The new Primare I32 amp (due out for Christmas) will have only two knobs, the current I30 has 3, & the CD32 has only half the number of buttons of the CD31 too.

Check it out on the primare.net website.

John Duncan

Amp looks gorgeous.

DSC_4804.jpg

CD player looks seriously skee-wiff...

primare-aufmacher.jpg

A

Anonymous

I have always liked the looks of the I30 but this new one is a little more 'modern' looking which is great.

Hope it sounds as good as the previous model or even better!

Anyone know what the pricing is going to be on this new range?

I feel a demo coming on to compare it with my I30.

A

Anonymous

The full spec. for the new i132 Amplifier is on the Primare website and it looks great. I understand that it will be available before the end of the year.

I am interested in exchanging my i130 for this new model but am having difficulty finding a dealer who has stock.

Also cannot find confirmation of the retail price.

Has anyone had the luck to track one down to have a demo? Have to assume that it will sound better than the previous model, although that will take some beating, but a demo is key.

Any information out there would be most helpful.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

It would seem less is more, it is on one dealers website in the UK at £2000. Hopefully WHF will get a test model soonish to put it through it's paces.

Joe10155

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
I believe that the UK distributer for Primare went into administration earlier this month. It is no longer listed on the Primare website. This may have an impact on the supply of the new line; but I hope not.

Paul Green Hi-fi had to have Primare send me my new I30 & CD31 direct from Sweden. My thanks goes out to Paul Green Hi-fi in Bath for pulling out all the stops to get me the gear (great service); after a long long wait & more than a few excuses from the distributer.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I assume the missing knob will be the on/off switch - always seemed a bit of overkill but it looks sweeet. Prefer the look of the CD31 I think, but they have both been around a long time. Will be nice to have a WHF review
emotion-1.gif
- they don't even appear in the index at the back any more
emotion-3.gif

A

Anonymous

Agree with Joe. Good service from here
emotion-1.gif

They are trying to source the new Primare 132 amplifier for me but with lack of UK distribution it is making this rather difficult.

Here's hoping!!

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hear that - I lost a knob on my vintage silver series Pioneer amp and it wasn't easy finding a replacement.

Having said that, try emailing Primare to see if they can send a replacement - info@primare.net

John Duncan

audioaffair:
Sorry to hear that - I lost a knob on my vintage silver series Pioneer amp and it wasn't easy finding a replacement.

Having said that, try emailing Primare to see if they can send a replacement - info@primare.net

Have you even read this thread, or are you just trying to get your name as last poster on every thread on the front page?

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
JohnDuncan:audioaffair:

Have you even read this thread, or are you just trying to get your name as last poster on every thread on the front page?

Actually in this single case, I saw "lost a knob" and was too hasty to reply from my own experience with my amp. Having duly reread this, IMHO I think it looks sleeker with one fewer knobs (as it was intended that is and not lost!)

A

Anonymous

I understand that a new UK Distributor for Primare has now been appointed, so we should be able to get hold of the new 30 range soon.

From what I can gather the new I32 will retail at £2200.

A

Anonymous

WishTree

Nothing this week but with a bit of luck and a following wind from Sweden, I might be able to answer your question next week!

It's ordered and may be available before Christmas so could not ask for a better present from Santa in his groto in the 'Arctic'.

Will put a report on here when I can.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Oakman - Count me in as one of the eagerly awaited audience. Even better if your review is on a fresh thread for the benefit of not so search savvy others ;) and All the best and hope you get it in next few days!

A

Anonymous

Wish Tree

Sorry but I think my parcel got mixed up with Santas and was left behind in Sweden!

So no new amp. for Christmas
emotion-6.gif
so will keep you posted in the New Year.

Has anyone been able to find one if so please can you post your thoughts?.

Cheers and a Happy New Year to all Forum members.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts