Issues with the recent Let it be reissue?

Clarkey_71

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
I'm currently on my second version of this release and will have to return that copy too.
There is distortion on the top end on a number of tracks. This has been on both copies. The organ solo on Let it be and the strings on The long and winding Road are particularly bad. It has to be a pressing issue as I did a comparison with my old copy and no distortion.
Anyone else had a similar experience?

I'm currently on my second version of this release and will have to return that copy too.
There is distortion on the top end on a number of tracks. This has been on both copies. The organ solo on Let it be and the strings on The long and winding Road are particularly bad. It has to be a pressing issue as I did a comparison with my old copy and no distortion.
Anyone else had a similar experience?
I certainly do not own it but are you sure it's not a mastering issue rather than a pressing one?

Reactions: Clarkey_71

Clarkey_71

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
Just wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem. I'm on my third copy now and still no significant improvement. I've wet cleaned it a couple of times too. Surely it can't be the whole run? 🤷‍♂️

Antz81

Apr 29, 2020
Visit site
Just wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem. I'm on my third copy now and still no significant improvement. I've wet cleaned it a couple of times too. Surely it can't be the whole run? 🤷‍♂️
Not sure what release you have. There's a few 2021 releases on discogs. One does have a few people complaining about distortion.

Hope the OP has it sorted as it's almost a month since starting the thread.

A few years ago I purchased a few Beatles remastered albums, published and promoted by Deagostini, circa 2016/17. The albums, including 'Let It Be', is fine. There's no distortion but the very clear and almost CD like quality.

Clarkey_71

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
Hope the OP has it sorted as it's almost a month since starting the thread.

A few years ago I purchased a few Beatles remastered albums, published and promoted by Deagostini, circa 2016/17. The albums, including 'Let It Be', is fine. There's no distortion but the very clear and almost CD like quality.

Sadly not sorted.

My third copy is still distorted on certain tracks, predominantly in the left channel.
I had been worried my cart may not be aligned properly, or worse, damaged.
I've searched several forums and it seems it's an issue encountered by many people, so must be either a mastering or pressing issue.
It's such a shame, as overall the release sounds amazing, but the distortion just makes it unlistenable once you've heard it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts