Issues with RP 40

alimacmillan

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

So I'm house sitting for a friend and he was nice enough to let me use his RP 40 turntable. All was well and good until all of a sudden the records started getting repeated over and over. I've looked it up everywhere and found that it's most likely an issues with the counter balance or anti skate. This would be easily fixed by watching online instructions but unfortunately the RP40 is set up quite differently and I'm having a lot of trouble finding the parts necessary. There aren't any numbers to indicate for the counter balance and I can't seem to figure out which is the anti skate. I really hope to get this fixed before he comes home, I don't want to greet him with a issue to fix but rather a well taken care of house. Thank you guys very much for any help you can offer.
cheers
Ali

alimacmillan said:
Hi all,So I'm house sitting for a friend and he was nice enough to let me use his RP 40 turntable. All was well and good until all of a sudden the records started getting repeated over and over. I've looked it up everywhere and found that it's most likely an issues with the counter balance or anti skate. This would be easily fixed by watching online instructions but unfortunately the RP40 is set up quite differently and I'm having a lot of trouble finding the parts necessary. There aren't any numbers to indicate for the counter balance and I can't seem to figure out which is the anti skate. I really hope to get this fixed before he comes home, I don't want to greet him with a issue to fix but rather a well taken care of house. Thank you guys very much for any help you can offer. cheersAli

Are you sure it's either. Neither of these changes dramatically so should not give the phenomenon you say is happening. Unless you have purposely adjusted these , and I'm not sure what you mean about tracks repeating.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like the stylus is stuck, is it repeating the same music over and over every 2 seconds or so?

If so its the record, has some dirt etc. on it makes the stylus jump back. Had it once on one of my albums.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
BigH said:
Sounds like the stylus is stuck, is it repeating the same music over and over every 2 seconds or so?

If so its the record, has some dirt etc. on it makes the stylus jump back. Had it once on one of my albums.

clean the stylus with a brush gently, alway back to front, clean the record as well. Might fix the issue.

BigH said:

He said the record gets repeated not a section of music, which it couldn't do, which is why I asked for clarification.

Hi-FiOutlaw said:
BigH said:

clean the stylus with a brush gently, alway back to front, clean the record as well. Might fix the issue.

I don't care how b#ggered the stylus is it isn't going to play the record over again.

There is clearly something he isn't telling us.

D

Deleted member 108165

Based on his sparse comments it sounds like he's put a dig in the LP with the stylus causing it to jump backwards a groove on each rotation. Need more info!!

DougK said:
Based on his sparse comments it sounds like he's put a dig in the LP with the stylus causing it to jump backwards a groove on each rotation. Need more info!!

I quite agree. Perhaps English isn't his first language or he needs to explain more on exactly what it is doing. Anti-skate isn't the problem.

TRENDING THREADS