All change (again..)

kramer2020

Apr 18, 2020
Visit site
I've recently taken delivery of a Rega Planar RP1 and for £249 I will forgive the fact that its driven by a rubber band as it looks and sound really nice.

Almost immediately I ordered an AT-VM95E (black edition) to replace the Rega Carbon.. why are they still bundling thischeap cart with the RP1? AND the RP2!

I was initially wary of messing about with a new deck and more so as this first time I've changed a cartridge on a tonearm without a removable head shell, but thanks to the captive heads on the AT it was relatively easy as was the alignment.

Also I only had to move the counter balance back a fraction to adjust the tracking weight and so the new setup does not seem to have any anti skate issues.

Other tweaks include making up some new speaker cables and adding a removable power lead to my amp.

IMG_20200612_121604.jpgIMG_20200612_121711.jpgIMG_20200612_121745.jpg

Last edited:
I've recently taken delivery of a Rega Planar RP1 and for £249 I will forgive the fact that its driven by a rubber band as it looks and sound really nice.

Almost immediately I ordered an AT-VM95E (black edition) to replace the Rega Carbon.. why are they still bundling thischeap cart with the RP1? AND the RP2!

I was initially wary of messing about with a new deck and more so as this first time I've changed a cartridge on a tonearm without a removable head shell, but thanks to the captive heads on the AT it was relatively easy as was the alignment.

Also I only had to move the counter balance back a fraction to adjust the tracking weight and so the new setup does not seem to have any anti skate issues.

Other tweaks include making up some new speaker cables and adding a removable power lead to my amp.

View attachment 1345View attachment 1346View attachment 1347View attachment 1348
Don't you have your speaker cable wired in incorrectly? :)
OCD means I have to use red to positive.....
The reason starter turntables come with cheap cartridge is to keep costs down and because the majority of people that by them are incapable of fitting and setting up one themselves.

kramer2020

Apr 18, 2020
Visit site
Don't you have your speaker cable wired in incorrectly? :)
OCD means I have to use red to positive.....
The reason starter turntables come with cheap cartridge is to keep costs down and because the majority of people that by them are incapable of fitting and setting up one themselves.

I thought the cables looked odd when I took the pic and it was on my to do list, but thanks for the memory jog :oops:...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts