Is WHF becomming too much like Stuff?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
I think that's a logical way of reviewing strapped. Start talking about it when you take it out of the box, look around for connections and then switch the TV on to comment on the picture quality.

To each their own. I've been taught to put the most important information up front rather than tucking it away further down an article. I firmly believe this is the most effective way to write. While some may take vicarious pleasure in unboxing descriptions, I'd rather watch a TV than unpack it.

In some reviews, the number of words devoted to smart features and connections exceeds commentary on image quality. If unpacking and connectivity details were at the very least more tersely dispatched, it'd allow for more thorough discussion of the most important aspect of performance.

It's principally an observation about emphasis. You're of course entitled to disagree.
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts