Is what Hifi letting us down on sub reviews?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After being a regular reader of what hifi i can comment that we seem to be missing many reviews on subwoofers!

I'm after a new sub as my old one is a bit ****, yamaha. anyway looking at my options i have so far found these.

looking at spending around 300-400 to be paired with monitor audio bronze BR series and an onkyo 606.

B & W ASW608

BK XLS200

REL T5 (as recommended by sevenoaks reading)

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
driftingphil said:
After being a regular reader of what hifi i can comment that we seem to be missing many reviews on subwoofers!

I'm after a new sub as my old one is a bit ****, yamaha. anyway looking at my options i have so far found these.

looking at spending around 300-400 to be paired with monitor audio bronze BR series and an onkyo 606.

B & W ASW608

BK XLS200

REL T5 (as recommended by sevenoaks reading)

I seem to remember a BK 200 on fleabay at present. I'm kind of in the same situation at the moment but 2nd hand is all I can stretch to as Sevenoaks Reading is my local branch but too expensive for me at the mo

A

Anonymous

yes the b&W is the only one of those three that have been reviewed.

I am amazed that what hifi hasn't reviewed an of the other BK subwoofer (only the gemini ii) as there is alot of talk about them especially xls200.

Sevenoaks where very much telling me the best sub out there was the rel t5 in my price catogory which again what hifi hasn't reviewed.

i would like to see more sub reviews!

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
£425 @ Audio T up the side of the butts.

The BK gets massive reviews whether its the 200 or the 400 which is in the £400 price range i think.

A

Anonymous

The Yamaha sub i currently using came from a very cheap 5.1 setup I bought a good few years ago.

i'm find it hard to choose up the sub front as there is many small independent companies producing sub only products.

TRENDING THREADS