Is this amp ok for my current preamp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I`m bidding on a power amp on fleabay, but now that almost the auction is finished, i`m thinking that maybe this amp is not the best match to my current rotel rsp1069 av/preamp.

These are the specs of the power amp:

Frequency Response :2Hz-100kHz, -0.5dB. Input impedance: 23k ohms. Voltage Gain: 20dB. Output impedance: 0.08 ohms. 1kHz distortion: 0.2% at 30W (8 ohms), 1% at 60W (4 or 2 ohms). DC offset: ±100mV.

These are the specs of my preamp:

Model RSP-1069 Total Harmonic Distortion <0.008 % Intermodulation Distortion (60 Hz:7 kHz) <0.008 % Frequency Response
Analog Bypass
Digital Input

-
10 Hz – 120 kHz, ±3dB (analog bypass)
10 Hz – 95 kHz, ±3dB (digital input) Signal to Noise Ratio (IHF A-weighted)
Analog Bypass
Digital Input 0 dBFs (Dolby Digital, dts) -
95 dB
92 dB Input Sensitivity/Impedance Line Level: 200 mV/100K ohms Contour (LF / HF ) ± 6 dB at 50 Hz / 15 KHz Preamp Output Level/Impedance 1.2 V (200 mV Input)

What do you hifi experts think?

Thanks!!

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
The synergy you need is between the power amp and speaker. The pre adds only tonal differences.
Would the new power amp and your speaker work together?

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I would agree. On purely electrical grounds there's no reason why they won't work together unless one or the other has a very quirky design principle - for example my PA2B monoblocs will only work with a DNM pre amp. I doubt the Rotel would fall into this category.

A

Anonymous

Shooter69, Bodfish .. Thanks

I was reading on audiogon forum; that this particular amp has a very low Input impediance Of 23K ohms, and that should create a problem on some preamps. So the rotel preamp does not fall into this category?

Shooter, the Amplifier is a very good match to the proac dpeakers. It`s a 30W class A design by Pass Labs,

Cheers

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Yes it is low less than half that my amp is. I would side on the side of caution, codfish has pointed in a direction and it could Bethesda case the Pass Lab power be partnered with a Pass Lab pre. A pain i know but from a manufacturing standpoint a good one as Pass Labs will sell 2 units!

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Sorry bod for calling you cod, that's this damn iPod.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

In the future I will upgrade my current rsp1069 preamp, to a dedicated 2 channel preamp, so maybe that will be a pass labs preamp. But for now will it work for me (until the upgrade?)

For now I will have:

A rotel RMB1075 powerin the centre and rear speakers and the aleph amplifier for the fronts? Or will I have problems with gain matching?

Sorry for all the questions, but i`m trying to get this right !

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Like I said daspaceman, I'd be cautious. Auiogon is a good source of information and would listen to it, it or may not work with the Rotel, sorry but I can't be sure of the outcome.

A

Anonymous

it was a very old chord, and he was asking too much for a sluggish version, not the new updated version (b version)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts