Is this a good deal?

FoxJA

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
I have been offered the B&W MT30, 40m of Chord Carnival Classic speaker cable and a pair of stands for £1600. or I could get the Kef 3005se but with the B&W PV1 sub for the same price. I have a demo booked for Thurday to listen to the MT30 and Kef 3005se

FoxJA

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
I need 1 pair of stands for the rear, wasn't sure about which speaker cable but the Chord Carnival seemed to get a good rating in the mag.

Looking around the internet the best I could get was £1450 for the MT30 without stands and speaker cable. The cable is £4 pm x 40m, and the stands are £150.

I was going to try Sevenoaks to see if they would beat it but they are much further away, where as Audio T is local.

FoxJA

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
I spoke to Sevenoaks today, they offered it to me for £1550 but with QED Silver Anniversary XT speaker cable instead.
So thats the B&W MT30, a pair of stands and 40m of speaker cable for £1550.

I think I'd rather stay local than drive for an hour just to save £50. I'll obviously try and get Audio T to match but do you think I'd notice the difference between Chord Carnival Classic and Silver Anniversary XT on style speakers?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts