Is there such a thing.........?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
What I have is working fine, a net book running Logitech media server, streamed to a modded duet, on to a dac, then amp.

I need to simplify the process - for other users.

The Duet is fine, but can be a nightmare to reset and hook up for folks with little aptitude for that sort of thing. Same goes for a NAS, we're talking people that have no idea about such things.

I need a player with at least a 500gb hdd, doesn't have to have a Dac, though that might be helpful, a coax/optical, balanced analogue outs ( if it has integral dac ), USB in to add files to the hard disc, gapless playback, capable of playing Flac files, recognising Mu3 playlists, has to be wireless with a decent GUI, iPad/iPhone controllable, and quiet.

SB touch nearly makes it as you can plug in a drive and use the integral server, but it's a much reduced interface and I have 3 years of playlists, some 250+ in some of them and creating that lot again is a slow process using the touch alone.

Linn DS, no hdd or wireless as are the Naim products, and they're a big leap in price.

There are plenty of cd rippers with storage but no wireless or dubious quality, limited connectivity, restricted file types and I don't need another cd player or ripper.

Is there such a product somewhere in between the £180 Touch and the 1k+ offerings from Olive, Linn and Naim??

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
VortexBox?

http://www.vortexbox.co.uk/

Vortex hack required:

http://info.vortexbox.org/tiki-index.php?page=VortexBox+Hacking

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Could you not use the netbook with a larger hard drive? You could upgrade the internal HDD to whatever capacity is desired and run a suitable media player that could be remote controlled via an idevice or Android app.

I'm thinking iTunes or XBMC. In fact, I be tempted to run XBMC on a Linux OS or even better, try THIS.

I have just put up my older system for sale which consisted of a UA-25 and Linux based netbook. If I hadn't bought the Mac mini, I'd probably be using the netbook as the streamer.

Remote apps info.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts