Is there a replacement Mains Cable for Panasonic tv?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have the 42PX80 from Panasonic and am shopping around for a mains cable. The original cable supplied by the manufacturer is "slim with 2 clamps on the sides". Is there an option out there (from the likes of Russ Andrews or Isotek, Clearer Audio, etc.) built with such a connection? Thanks

A

Anonymous

I was speaking to Merlin at the WHF Sound & Vision show and they said they should be able to put a Panasonic plug on their cable.

You would need to ring them - it is not an option on the website.

A

Anonymous

heystak:I was speaking to Merlin at the WHF Sound & Vision show and they said they should be able to put a Panasonic plug on their cable. You would need to ring them - it is not an option on the website.

Thanks for the tip Heystack!

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
momo72:

heystak:I was speaking to Merlin at the WHF Sound & Vision show and they said they should be able to put a Panasonic plug on their cable. You would need to ring them - it is not an option on the website.

Thanks for the tip Heystack!

Post how you get on Momo72 if you give them a call , I tried Clearer Audio & Russ A without any luck , so I'd be very interested as well.

clearer_audio

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
Hello,

The Copper-line Alpha Power Cable should fit Panasonic screens (we do have a lot customers using the cable on a variety of screens from the manufacturer) and we are not aware of any compatibility issues at present. If you have clips however these may not engage with our Standard IEC.

It is not possible for us to terminate with the Panasonic IEC plug since it is not available as a rewireable connector. The connector on the factory supplied power cable is also moulded onto the cable so it is impossible to re-use it.

I hope this helps.

All the best,
Darren

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
clearer_audio:Hello, The Copper-line Alpha Power Cable should fit Panasonic screens (we do have a lot customers using the cable on a variety of screens from the manufacturer) and we are not aware of any compatibility issues at present. If you have clips however these may not engage with our Standard IEC. It is not possible for us to terminate with the Panasonic IEC plug since it is not available as a rewireable connector. The connector on the factory supplied power cable is also moulded onto the cable so it is impossible to re-use it. I hope this helps. All the best, Darren

Any mains lead with IEC will fit Panasonic screens however if you with to retain the detachable secure clip on certain models I've found nothing suitable yet. As Nodnarb4444 says the QED Qonduit is frustratingly close..

Pic of clip/plug here

A

Anonymous

The problem of the Panasonic sets (the model I have at least) is the plug (as per pic above) is narrower than "regular" IEC. I tried my Russ Andrews Yello cable and it won't fit. There is also a metal "cage" over the IEC connectors on the set where the plug is clamped to.

A

Anonymous

My Mark Grant cable fits my PX80 perfectly!
emotion-21.gif

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Brian123:My Mark Grant cable fits my PX80 perfectly!
emotion-21.gif

Yes but can you confirm if you are using the 2 piece plastic cover clip with your Mark Grant cable to secure it ? . Looking at the Mark Grant IEC it doesn't look like cover would fit over it.

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Darren

Out of interest does the Wattgate IEC connector fit ok on Plasmas LCDs, it just looks like the diameter of the plug may impede the connection into the socket.

Andy

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
pioneer7:

Darren

Out of interest does the Wattgate IEC connector fit ok on Plasmas LCDs, it just looks like the diameter of the plug may impede the connection into the socket.

Andy

Doesn't fit my Panny...

A

Anonymous

kena:

Brian123:My Mark Grant cable fits my PX80 perfectly!
emotion-21.gif

Yes but can you confirm if you are using the 2 piece plastic cover clip with your Mark Grant cable to secure it ? . Looking at the Mark Grant IEC it doesn't look like cover would fit over it.

Not using the plastic clip - it's not really possible as stated above.

However, it's not required with the Mark Grant cable. The fit is perfectly snug/secure and it's not going anywhere!

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Brian, I still want to use clip to ensure if adaptor gets shunted cable is not pulled out. But its looking like I either stay with original or bin clip. Not giving up yet tho must be something out there.. The QED could only have been a couple mm too big..

TRENDING THREADS