Is Spotify already high res?

podknocker

I don't know what happened 3 days ago, but my Spotify suddenly sounds much better. I play the same dozen or so playlists nearly every day and I'm familiar with the sound quality, but there's been a change somewhere and I'm struggling to work out what this is. My DTS PlayFi app had an update a week ago and my Audiolab Omnia went through the usual upgrade cycle, but there wasn't a change in sound quality. This happened 3 days ago and it's like listening to nearly CD quality now. The sound 'hangs' between and around my speakers and there are many more layers and panning effects now. It's so clear and busy with detail and the subtle micro dynamics, but not congested at all. I know it sounds better, but I don't know how or why. Has anyone else noticed an increase in clarity and detail recently. in their favourite tunes? I'm bewildered to be honest and I can't see any point in upgrading now. There isn't an obvious and large increase in treble detail, which I do require, but the midrange and all these panning synth effects and little details are very much improved. It's a mystery. If I upgrade and get more top end sparkle, I'm worried I'll lose all the stuff I'm loving now. I'm currently listening to The Eagles greatest hits 2013 remaster, which I've played 200 times this year and I'm hearing stuff I've never heard before. Crackers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Revolutions

TRENDING THREADS