Is Rega Brio R and Proac speakers a safe marriage?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The reason I'm asking is because some years ago i paired the Proac D15's with a Roksan Kandy, which was meant to be superb, but the 'sss' and 'chhh's stroke a really sicordant note! there was some frequency emmitted by the amp that drove tweeters (and me) completely nuts. It was lie insering needles into your eardrums ! subsequently, I have tried valve amps, and a cyrus 8vs2 and it was fine. But now i'm tempted to pair the Rega (and DAC) with tablette 2000 signature, but affraid something like that might occur... Anyone tried Proac + Rega brio r amp? Does it work??? Thanks - Hi fi Kan gu-ru

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I've owned ProAc D1's together with Audiolab 8000a, and the speakers were awesome. I can still hear them in mi head. The Audiolab 8000a of that age was a bit cold sounding. Shouldn't think that Cyrus is any problem!

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
For the past week, I've been listening at home to the Rega Brio-R into my Dynaudio Contour 1.8/IIs, which are 4ohm and insensitive speakers. The Brio-R manual states that using 4 ohm speakers may cause problems. The sound of this combination, though is fantastic - fully justifying Tone Audio's review which compared it to pricey pre-powers.

However, the Proac D18s aren't even difficult to drive - they're 8 ohm and sensitive. So, and given that I've also heard the Brio-R happily driving Spendor A5s, I don't think you'll have a problem!

The Brio-R is a lovely, clear, ballsy and transparent amp with a superb phono stage.

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
jerry klinger said:
However, the Proac D18s aren't even difficult to drive - they're 8 ohm and sensitive. So, and given that I've also heard the Brio-R happily driving Spendor A5s, I don't think you'll have a problem!

Waiting for my Brio-R to arrive I'm happy to read this! Heard the Brio-R with the Rega RS-5 speakers, and that sounded awesome. But I always thought that the Spendor A5 would be too much for the Brio because of the low sensitivy. So to read this suprises me (happily) big time!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts