Denon PMA50 / Rega Brio R

Jonzy

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi. New here. Just tried posting this earlier so I hope it doesnt appear on the forum twice.

Just hoping to get some advice. re. new dac, amp and speakers.

I looked at a Denon PMA 50 (dac and amp in the one box). Interested to know if anyone else owns or has listened? I was rather impressed when I heard it connected to a pair of Dali mk2 ikons.

My other option is heading down the second hand path. On offer at moment is an old arcm alpha 7 or a Rega bundle Rega dac, brio R and rega rs1's.

No chance to listen to the second hand gear. I like the small size of the Denon on my table as opposed to the black box set.. but at the end of the day how it sounds is much more important.

Prices are pretty much the same.

Also I have an old set of Nordost flat gold Id like to use in whatever system I end up. Dont know if this effects the sound but thought worth mentioning. Also I listen to electronica mostly ripped from CD and i dont have a large space to fill - only a small apartment.

Ok. appreciate the help.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Jonzy, if it was me I would go for the Rega bundle - because of the synergy of the Rega components and the RS1's working in a smaller room. That would be a really nice little system, but I hesitate fully recommending them due to the music you play most - elctronica. Maybe someone else who plays that music a lot can offer their thoughts.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts