Is Rega Brio R and Proac speakers a safe marriage?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The reason I'm asking is because some years ago i paired the Proac D15's with a Roksan Kandy, which was meant to be superb, but the 'sss' and 'chhh's stroke a really sicordant note! there was some frequency emmitted by the amp that drove tweeters (and me) completely nuts. It was lie insering needles into your eardrums ! subsequently, I have tried valve amps, and a cyrus 8vs2 and it was fine. But now i'm tempted to pair the Rega (and DAC) with tablette 2000 signature, but affraid something like that might occur... Anyone tried Proac + Rega brio r amp? Does it work??? Thanks - Hi fi Kan gu-ru

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I've owned ProAc D1's together with Audiolab 8000a, and the speakers were awesome. I can still hear them in mi head. The Audiolab 8000a of that age was a bit cold sounding. Shouldn't think that Cyrus is any problem!

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
For the past week, I've been listening at home to the Rega Brio-R into my Dynaudio Contour 1.8/IIs, which are 4ohm and insensitive speakers. The Brio-R manual states that using 4 ohm speakers may cause problems. The sound of this combination, though is fantastic - fully justifying Tone Audio's review which compared it to pricey pre-powers.

However, the Proac D18s aren't even difficult to drive - they're 8 ohm and sensitive. So, and given that I've also heard the Brio-R happily driving Spendor A5s, I don't think you'll have a problem!

The Brio-R is a lovely, clear, ballsy and transparent amp with a superb phono stage.

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
jerry klinger said:
However, the Proac D18s aren't even difficult to drive - they're 8 ohm and sensitive. So, and given that I've also heard the Brio-R happily driving Spendor A5s, I don't think you'll have a problem!

Waiting for my Brio-R to arrive I'm happy to read this! Heard the Brio-R with the Rega RS-5 speakers, and that sounded awesome. But I always thought that the Spendor A5 would be too much for the Brio because of the low sensitivy. So to read this suprises me (happily) big time!

TRENDING THREADS