Is PS3 still worth buying?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Ginder:What is the additional functionality on PES?

It's more editing options that've been left out of the 360 version. You can't import pictures into the game from your hard drive (such as shirts, logos, badges, etc.) and there's no option to upload specific chants into the game.

Bit of a bummer as I was looking forward to using both of those.

ALTANPSX

Aug 14, 2008
Visit site
In PS2 times, same debates had been there. PS2 has a bultin dvd player. At that times, all my friends(including me) bought PS2. After couple of mounths, we all went and bought dvd players. Because it was not possible to watch dvd's and playing Metal gear at the same time, our wives sent their desparate house husbands to buy brand new dvd players :)

A

Anonymous

As good as the graphics are on a high end PC, for some reason i just cant get into using a mouse and keyboard for gaming, i know you can use a pad too but to me PC and gaming just dont seem to go together. Another reason is to get a game such as COD4 or Gears of War running as smoothly as there console counterparts it seems as though you need a PC that costs a fortune to build. With PC's needing to be upgraded every so often to keep up with new games it becomes a little too expensive to be viable. A console for example will have a 5 year life, in which games usually look and play better towards the end of its life, but a PC would need to be upgraded a few times in that 5 year period.

I will use Crysis as an example, the game looks amazing, out doing anything any of the current consoles can do, however how many PC owners are able to run that game to full potential? maybe less than 20%? I dont see the point of Crytek making such a gorgeous game that not many people will be able to fully enjoy.

A

Anonymous

Ginder:
I will use Crysis as an example, the game looks amazing, out doing anything any of the current consoles can do, however how many PC owners are able to run that game to full potential? maybe less than 20%? I dont see the point of Crytek making such a gorgeous game that not many people will be able to fully enjoy.

You're totally right, if you don't want to mess around to get the best out of your system, then a console in the right choice for you. But there are plenty of us who really REALLY love that messing about. I'm still gaming on a 3-4 year old system, which has only had the graphics card upgraded (100 quid ish upgrade) and there's nothing I can't play given the right settings. Also remember PC games are way cheaper even on release.. I rarely pay more than 30 quid for a new game, and normally pick stuff up in the sub 20s from play and the like.
Of course having upgraded to a 1920x1200 screen I need to total overhaul, but 4 years for that is fine with me :) No point being a DINK couple and having nothing to spend the money on ;) Then again, we're way off topic now.. sorry!

A

Anonymous

The Wii may not be graphically as advanced or even a media hub in the slightest, but to call it gimmicky is really underestimating a machine that has sold way more than what microsoft and sony had sold so far.

If you are a hardcore gamer you can definately find something to your taste on the little machine, i already have titles such as: scarface, legend of zelda, no more heroes, super smash bros, resdident evil 4 and resident evil umbrealla chronicles. These are by no meams gimmicky titles. With even more great games are coming out that are geared towards the hardcore gamer how can this machine go wrong?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts