Is NAD C315 amp and C515 CD up to the B&W 685, MA Rx-1 or KEF Q300 range?

MCRetina

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi

With my NAD C315 and C515 Im using a pair of MA BR2 that I borrow from my home theater rears (and i love them). I was planning to buy a new pair but i will like to upgrade them (to many of the same).

I was wondering if this sistem is up to the B&W 685, Q300 or MA Rx-1 range or Im wasting too much money on speakers that will not shine with my budget sistem?

In case you think the C315 and c515 is up to the task I have other questions

Which one woud be a better match?

Which one needs les space from the rear wall? (assume not the Rx1 since its rear ported)

I normally listen at low to moderate volumes, mostly acoustic, Jazz or Pink Floyd

Thanks a lot.

hortensio

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
What is in BR 2 that you don't like and want to upgrade?? Normally, Nad will go well with B&W 685 but I am not sure it will be a BIG improvement from BR 2 (moreover, B&W needs more powerful amps to give their best). Maybe Kef Q300 (or Kef Q 100) will give big improvement....if your dealer has Dali speakers then Dali Lektor 1 or 2 will be a good choice....

MCRetina

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Hortensio

The biggest problem that I have with the BR 2 is that I allredy have 4 of them as my home theater speakers and buying other pair for me is too much of the same. The other problem is that in Mexico I cant get the new Bronze, they are not for sale in mexico because the cost of them now is too close to the Silver range (as far as I know). I never seen Dali speakers here also.

I will try to demo the Q300 and the MA silver and let you know.

Thanks Again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts