Is my amplifier (Yamaha CRX-N470D) good enought for the upgrade of speakers to Elac Debug B5.2?

speaker635

May 21, 2021
Visit site
Hello to everyone!

I would like to ask you for some help with a decision about a speaker upgrade.
Currently I have the Yamaha MCR-N470D network hifi system. It consist of a central unit (Yamaha CRX-N470D) and speakers, which came in set (Yamaha NS-BP150).
I am not completely satisfied with the sound from these speakers.
Would the upgrade to Elac Debut B5.2 make a significant difference or is the hifi unit (CRX-N470D) the limiting component? If so, how much? Which part does play the bigger part, speaker or system (amplifier)? I do not want to replace the whole system, since CRX-N470D has ideal functions and dimensions for my needs, just the speakers, if possible.
I have small room (5x4m), usage: music. Budget is 250€ or 300€.

Thank you for help!

D

Deleted member 116933

Hello to everyone!

I would like to ask you for some help with a decision about a speaker upgrade.
Currently I have the Yamaha MCR-N470D network hifi system. It consist of a central unit (Yamaha CRX-N470D) and speakers, which came in set (Yamaha NS-BP150).
I am not completely satisfied with the sound from these speakers.
Would the upgrade to Elac Debut B5.2 make a significant difference or is the hifi unit (CRX-N470D) the limiting component? If so, how much? Which part does play the bigger part, speaker or system (amplifier)? I do not want to replace the whole system, since CRX-N470D has ideal functions and dimensions for my needs, just the speakers, if possible.
I have small room (5x4m), usage: music. Budget is 250€ or 300€.

Thank you for help!

I wouldn’t say it can’t be done but I suppect it’s all built from the ground up to work together as complete set. Many of these systems are denon JVC and so on. Great little systems.

I would say what is it about the sound you feel is lacking and has got you thinking of an upgrade?

In answer to question which is the most important, well that’s a hotly debated subject. It’s a chicken and egg question. You need the power to fill a room but you need big enough speakers able to fill that space. Both in my eyes are just as important

By the way 5x4 meters is not an Insubstantial space.

Shay.M

Apr 22, 2021
Visit site
I wouldn’t say it can’t be done but I suppect it’s all built from the ground up to work together as complete set. Many of these systems are denon JVC and so on. Great little systems.

I would say what is it about the sound you feel is lacking and has got you thinking of an upgrade?

Hi
you may read this in what hi-fi
"do connect traditional speakers to the CRX-N470D, however – a pair of Q Acoustics 3020s –and begin playing a CD of Explosions In The Sky’s The Wilderness."
maybe it is helpfull for your decision.

Last edited:

speaker635

May 21, 2021
Visit site
Thank you for replies! :)
To start with, amplifier Yamaha CRX-N470D can be bought seperately, not only in a set with Yamaha NS-BP150. But sadly in my region I did not find any seller...
To compare these speakers with active JBL LSR305 I have in another room, Yamaha is much less detailed, not so alive, bass muddy... Plus back port for bass is not ideal for my placement for Yamaha. Elac would solve that problem.
I suspect Elac Debut B5.2 speakers would be a significant upgrade, since Yamaha NS-BP150 has preaty bad reviews on internet, but I am just wondering how much would Yamaha CRX-N470D amplifier hold them back.

I have been watching this youtube review and the guy said that Elacs are a bit like a diva. They need some working to work great, they need good amplifier to be able to see all these detailes. But is this my amplifier in this category?
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bffm-yQiqQ

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts