is my airport express dying?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
for the last few weeks if not longer itunes always comes up with a problem when trying to access my airport express, however airfoil has no problems. "an error occurred when trying to connect to the remote speakers. the network connection failed' about the only change i made (and then reversed) was changing my network from b & g to g only. are older ae's incompatible with the new itunes, or is it on its way out?

A

Anonymous

after trying various things on from google i finally turned the firewall off. everything works.

strange how windows suddenly decided itunes/airport was a bad thing.

A

Anonymous

might bee worth a look, how much is it? I've just installed pctools firewall as a stop gap until i can decide what's best.

A

Anonymous

Security Essentials is free. It works, it's good.

I wouldn't complain about your AE dying, mine hasn't been born yet. I can't get mine to connect to my network or any other on XP.

A

Anonymous

Can you connect to the AE on its own default network?

A

Anonymous

Yes, but that route wouldn't suit me as my hi-fi is in a different room to my modem.

After many many frustrating hours I managed to get as far as being able to play something from itunes through the express, but only by way of the ethernet port. So I was able to connect the express wirelessly to my network. But as soon as I disconnected the ethernet cable airport refused to find the network and the pop-up window in itunes disappeared. I think I must have reset airport to try to get connected about 50 times. It really does seem to be junk to me. Back to apple for a refund.

A

Anonymous

I meant that if you can connect to it, then you can set it up as an access point for your wireless network.

I think there are a couple of walk throughs on this forum on getting it set up. I'll try and find one.

Professor Hat posted this link which seems good.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts