Is it worthless?

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm itching to buy a new TT. As much I would love it to be a Gyro, it's much more likely to be a new Planar 2!!!!

Anyway, I'll therefore be selling the trusty Project. The only thing is, I have scoured the internet and cannot see a single example for sale. I'm now a little worried that the reason might be that it is just not worth anything... Can anyone shed any light?

The TT is around 12/13 years old and in immaculate condition. Would be happy to sell either with or without the 2M red on it that has about 30 hours use.

Cheers!

chris_bates1974 said:
I'm itching to buy a new TT. As much I would love it to be a Gyro, it's much more likely to be a new Planar 2!!!!

Anyway, I'll therefore be selling the trusty Project. The only thing is, I have scoured the internet and cannot see a single example for sale. I'm now a little worried that the reason might be that it is just not worth anything... Can anyone shed any light?

The TT is around 12/13 years old and in immaculate condition. Would be happy to sell either with or without the 2M red on it that has about 30 hours use.

Cheers!

Nothing is worthless. The only way to find out what someone is prepared to pay for it is stick it on eBay with cartridge fitted.

A Project Debut Phono was sold recently on eBay for £82. You can search for sold or completed items, if you hadn't realised. Yours might be a different age or colour, but if it is working properly and with the newish cartridge it is definitely worth selling.

Bear in mind a Rega dealer might offer you something too.

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
chris_bates1974 said:

Cheers!

Take a photo of the sticker on the bottom - post it here - and we can ID it properly, you can then search for completed listings on fleabay and other Hifi Sites.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
chris_bates1974 said:

Cheers!

Used turntables are not worthless, in fact I think many are overpriced, should not have a problem selling it.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Don't know where you're not looking, there's usually several for sale at any one time on eBay, though I haven't checked recently. Try completed items to give you an idea of what they typically bring. If there isn't any for sale at the moment it's only going to be because the weather's been great for several weeks and people have been getting up off their trumpers and busying themselves outside before it all goes Pete Tong again.

Paul.

Whatever you do, make sure you add postage as an option. If you put it up for collection only then do it as buy it now only. you will get stung on prove otherwise.

I picked up a project with carbon arm (expression maybe?) for £75 because a chap had it up for collection only with bidding ending at lunch time.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Paul. said:
Whatever you do, make sure you add postage as an option. If you put it up for collection only then do it as buy it now only. you will get stung on prove otherwise.

I picked up a project with carbon arm (expression maybe?) for £75 because a chap had it up for collection only with bidding ending at lunch time.

Hmmm, actually I would only buy a turntable I could collect, I would not trust it to be sent through the post or by courier.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts