Is it worth the upgrade

DannyB

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I would not call myself an Audiophile by any means, but appreciate being able to get the best sound that my budget will stretch.

I could go out and buy myself a new AVR but I have other priorities and just can't justify it, so I generally go hunting for weeks for good second hand deals on Ebay, gumtree etc etc.

I currently have a pretty basic set up.

Pioneer VSX-421 AVR, connected to my TV with sources being Xbox, TiVo and Android box.

They are connected with QED Ruby anniversary speaker cable to a pair of Q Acoustics 3020 speakers.

I wasn't really too bothered about upgrading my AVR until I came across what seems like a bargain.

I have found a Denon X2000 avr for a reasonably good price and wondered would it be worth the upgrade from my current AVR?

The features are obviously much better, but I don't have a 4K tv so the 4k upscaling doesnt bother me, and with only having 2.1 the jump from an AVR that supports 5.1 to 7.1 again doesnt really bother me.

But would the Denon X2000 give me a much better sound than my Pioneer VSX 421?

floyd droid62

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
DannyB said:
I would not call myself an Audiophile by any means, but appreciate being able to get the best sound that my budget will stretch.

I could go out and buy myself a new AVR but I have other priorities and just can't justify it, so I generally go hunting for weeks for good second hand deals on Ebay, gumtree etc etc.

Pioneer VSX-421 AVR, connected to my TV with sources being Xbox, TiVo and Android box.

They are connected with QED Ruby anniversary speaker cable to a pair of Q Acoustics 3020 speakers.

I wasn't really too bothered about upgrading my AVR until I came across what seems like a bargain.

I have found a Denon X2000 avr for a reasonably good price and wondered would it be worth the upgrade from my current AVR?

The features are obviously much better, but I don't have a 4K tv so the 4k upscaling doesnt bother me, and with only having 2.1 the jump from an AVR that supports 5.1 to 7.1 again doesnt really bother me.

from what i have read ! i dont think there would be much improvement on sound quality,, unless the denon x2000 has features you want ,i would not bother *smile* i think for a upgrade, you would need to buy high end avr,s just my opinon .,i am no expert*smile*

DannyB

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
floyd droid62 said:
DannyB said:

from what i have read !  i dont think there would be much improvement on sound quality,, unless the denon x2000 has features you want ,i would not bother *smile* i think  for a upgrade, you would need to buy high end avr,s just my opinon .,i am no expert*smile*

I went for the upgrade as it only cost me an extra £70 when I sold on my pioneer, and I feel it's been well worth it.

Mainly the picture quality, straight away I noticed the moment I connected it all up it was so much sharper and brighter on the same channels I was watching through the pioneer. Sound I can't compare as I also upgraded from 3020 speakers to 3050 floorstanding speakers so naturally it's a lot better on low end and the sound stage is unbelievable. Audio is great obviously not as good as a dedicated stereo amplifier would achieve but great and the added networking features are handy.

Love the set up and audyssey so much simpler than the pioneer

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts