Is it wise to buy vinyl from auction sites?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
DandyCobalt said:
Do you mean you sold your Nat King Cole 45rpm LP set?

That must have been a tough decision.

Yes, but not before making a perfect recording of it onto really good tape to play on our Revox, where its analogue magnificence lives on :)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
BigH said:
Clare Newsome said:
DandyCobalt said:

Yes, but not before making a perfect recording of it onto really good tape to play on our Revox, where its analogue magnificence lives on :)

Is that legal?

Yes. Has been for a few years now.

(At least ripping a copy of a CD or DVD for personal use at home has been legal since the Digital Economy Act of June 2010.)

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
chebby said:
BigH said:
Clare Newsome said:
DandyCobalt said:

Is that legal?

(At least ripping a copy of a CD or DVD for personal use at home has been legal since the Digital Economy Act of June 2010.)

Yes but are you not suppose to own the record still? Also this is tape recording of vinyl so is not digital.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
BigH said:
chebby said:
BigH said:
Clare Newsome said:
DandyCobalt said:

Is that legal?

Yes but are you not suppose to own the record still? Also this is tape recording of vinyl so is not digital.

Frankly I don't care as much as you do. (It's personal use and not Piracy and we know that Clare paid for the originals, so it's not a matter of musicians not getting paid royalties.)

Maybe the mods should remove Clare's post on the subject if you are going to get this obsessed about it.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
floyd droid said:
Jesus wept , I give up I really do.

Why? It's a perfectly legitimate question and the same basic situation we all react to whenever someone says "I've ripped all my CDs to flac where can I sell them?" or something like that. There's no real difference.

Of course now we know Clare still owns the CD so it's irrelevant.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts