Is it the Cables or isit the plugs?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
k77stan said:
Benedict_Arnold said:
k77stan said:
i use solderless nakamichi bananas from e.b. 8 of them for less than a tenner..not bad at all..my partner wouldnt even dream to put a kylie cd in my player-she knows it will start skipping.. :shame:

I once skipped a Blackberry across Lake Ponchatrain (that's just north and east of New Orleans in case you didn't know). I got seven bounces....

try harder mate,should be doing better than this :doh:

My bad, it's spelt "Pontchartrain" - it'ss the big bit of water Interstate 10 crosses on trstel bridges on the way into Mississippi (best avoided).

Idea: maybe we could get WHF to do a mini-test - Blackberries vs. Samsug Galaxies vs. iphones vs. Motorola Driods - see which one gets the most bounces :)

fergi

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Cables, plugs, mains, all make a BIG difference to the sound. Just finnished latest mod to mains wall sockets replaced a switched for a non swiched (MK brand sound best without going into expensive silver or gold ones ) sheilded power cables, removed fuses replaced with soldered fuse wire, any time you can replace a mechanical joint with a soldered one ( skills required ) not to electrify yourself, all drop the noise floor, removed spade terminals from inside speaker connections and soldered direct ( made a massive diference to my 21 Mk2's QUAD take note ) all make their contribution to improving the sound. And use at least a Tachima power extension, to finnish off.

Marantz Pm7001 ki amp, Sa7001ki cd player, Quad 21Mk2's speakers, Beresford Camen Dac, Qed reference interconnects and speaker cable.

fergi

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Cables, plugs, mains, all make a BIG difference to the sound. Just finnished latest mod to mains wall sockets replaced a switched for a non swiched (MK brand sound best without going into expensive silver or gold ones ) sheilded power cables, removed fuses replaced with soldered fuse wire, any time you can replace a mechanical joint with a soldered one ( skills required ) not to electrify yourself, all drop the noise floor, removed spade terminals from inside speaker connections and soldered direct ( made a massive diference to my 21 Mk2's QUAD take note ) all make their contribution to improving the sound. And use at least a Tachima power extension, to finnish off.

Marantz Pm7001 ki amp, Sa7001ki cd player, Quad 21Mk2's speakers, Beresford Camen Dac, Qed reference interconnects and speaker cable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts