Is a 5 channel set-up too big for my room?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
First post, how're ye doing?

Just got my first house with the missus and trying to build a decent budget av system.

As it stands, I've got a Sony Bravia 37w5500, bdp-s360 blu-ray and a nintendo wii with the humax freesat hdr on the way.(I've the sky+ pumped in through a coaxial cable from downstairs so the quality on that isn't great.)

I'm in a bit of a dilemna with my sound system though. The room is 10.5ft x 10ft and I suspect this might be a bit small for an authentic sorround sound system. Before I bought the sony blu-ray, I was looking at the bdp -s350 home theatre in a box which was essentially the blu-ray with two side-speakers and a 16cm sub-woofer with the 'built-in amp' controls.

I was pretty sceptical about that as I hear you loose a lot of control on the sub-woofer in such HTIB set-ups. Now, I have my eye on the sony htss100 5.1 receiver and speakers set but is that a bit wasted in a 10.5ft x 10ft room? The aforementioned speaker package is still available.

A

Anonymous

Cheers,

All opinions appreciated.

I'll probably be splashing out towards the end of this week.

Hopefully, my friendly Sony Centre man will look after me with a few quid off the rrp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts