is 7.1 possible from dolby truehd?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i have just watched "the brave one" on bluray and it sounds pretty damn good (dolby truehd) but have noticed that im getting only getting 5.1 although i have a 7.1 system and nothing coming out of the rear spkrs. Not a great issue as i have my side spkrs set on dipole but it would be great to get them all working if poss. Can i do anything other than change the listening mode, to get them to work or is this normal? I don't have this issue when playing dvd, cd etc. Any advice would be very much apprdciated. Thankyou.

A

Anonymous

thanks nads, but the using a different listening mode kind of defeats the object. I have triple checked the ins on the 875 and it says it depends on the input. Checked the ins on the pioneer and pretty sure thats ok too. Perhaps im being a fool so i'll trawl through the pioneer ins again and let u know how i get on.

A

Anonymous

You'll need to matrix from 5.1 to 7.1. I think THX Ultra2 Cinema does it. Read the manual :)

A

Anonymous

this is where im getting well confused! Yes i can change the mode to thx ultra 2 (and various other) to get 7.1, but would that be dolby truehd?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="mark2"]this is where im getting well confused! Yes i can change the mode to thx ultra 2 (and various other) to get 7.1, but would that be dolby truehd?[/quote]

Is your source Dolby TrueHD 7.1 though? (The Brave One is 5.1).

Unless your source is 7.1 (rare) you will have to matrix the 5.1 source into 7.1 using one of the settings on the amp, this will spread the sound across the four side/back speakers.

A

Anonymous

thankyou for the well explained info, i now understand. I dont suppose i could tap your brain again could i? Why is the sound output from the rear speakers instead of the side speakers then? They are connected up correctly on the 875. Sorry for all the questions.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Because in any 5.1 surround set-up the main surround channels are the ones that become the side speakers in a 7.1 set-up. The extra two channels in a 7.1 set-up are merely rear 'fill', or surround back, channels.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts