iPod & iTunes

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I know this is strange in this day and age, but I haven't got the internet at home. I'm looking for an MP3 with a large capacity (30GB + ideally). I've been looking at the Apple Classic but is it correct that you have to have iTunes to load it. I don't want to download, just transfer my existing CD collection on portable player. Failing that, am I better getting something like a Creative Zen (I've currently got the 8GB version but need something considerably larger)

John Duncan

FC Forever:
I know this is strange in this day and age, but I haven't got the internet at home. I'm looking for an MP3 with a large capacity (30GB + ideally). I've been looking at the Apple Classic but is it correct that you have to have iTunes to load it. I don't want to download, just transfer my existing CD collection on portable player. Failing that, am I better getting something like a Creative Zen (I've currently got the 8GB version but need something considerably larger)

Yes iTunes is required. There are some faffy workarounds but I don't know why you'd bother. To me they're by far the best (certainly from a support and accessories point of view, anyway) player you can buy and are worth the premium.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
ITunes isn't just about downloads (much as Apple would like it to be!) -it's the management software for your iPod, including ability to transfer all your CDs onto your iPod.

From what I understand (and it'd be worth confirming this at an Apple Store in case it's recently changed)you can get the latest version of iTunes on CD from any Apple Store.

What you won't get, of course, is access to all the online aspect of iTunes, including Gracenote track database.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Ah, you're right thinking about it, I didn't get one with my Touch. They did at one point though as I got one with my Shuffle (very first Shuffle released ages ago). Guess they just assume everyone has the internet now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts