Iphones and the no stock

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

I was just looking on the tesco website and noticed none of the iphones are in stock not even last years (the 3rd generation one).

Does anyone know when a large amount of them will be coming in?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

how many are you after
emotion-5.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

I just wanted to keep a sneaky eye on the prices of these things but can't find any in stock, so i thought surely a large amount must be incoming soon right?

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
gel:I just wanted to keep a sneaky eye on the prices of these things

The price of iPhones varies between what Apple tells everyone to sell them for and what Apple tells everyone to sell them for.

D

Deleted member 2457

It's a pity you can't get a 3rd generation one really cheap now, i suppose they will not have any more of them now.

D

Deleted member 2457

Don't any real reliable shops still have any cheap?

D

Deleted member 2457

Don't know once i saw a 8GB 3rd generation one for £310.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

gel:I just wanted to keep a sneaky eye on the prices of these things

The price of iPhones varies between what Apple tells everyone to sell them for and what Apple tells everyone to sell them for.

Surely this is illegal?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, I've heard it said it's rather difficult to get stock from Apple if you discount, but maybe that's just a scurrilous rumour, and the fact that everyone sells its products at, or within a few pounds of, the same price is just a reflection of the massive demand for the products, which far outstrips the preciously small supply...

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
I used to work at a place that sold Apple products and the way in which they controlled the price was by selling us stock wholesale at a 5% discount on RRP. Doesn't leave the retailer a lot of room to discount. The discount increased marginally based on volume of stock that you ordered and small items, such as iPods, needed to be ordered in lots of 100.

A

Anonymous

Iphone stock levels seem to be low everywhere. I think there will be a big shipment soon, so i would wait a little and get it from a retailer you know of.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Tom Moreno:I used to work at a place that sold Apple products and the way in which they controlled the price was by selling us stock wholesale at a 5% discount on RRP. Doesn't leave the retailer a lot of room to discount. The discount increased marginally based on volume of stock that you ordered and small items, such as iPods, needed to be ordered in lots of 100.

Makes one wonder if they were even worth selling on that margin...

A

Anonymous

I think this is true as i heard about very low margins for retailers of Apple products also. Thats probably why our management decided not to stock Apple products.

On the plus, Apple sell's very well and thats why probably the low margins because it's a quick return.

You can buy it directly from Apple store online. I know it's a bit expensive, but you won't have to wait for it for months as you have already done gel.

Going by Apple's past products & the popularity of the iPhone, the prices are unlikely to fall. Vodafone started selling iPhone 4 on Pay As You Go (with a discount of only £19 over an unlocked version) yesterday, & even then, it was sold out in 24 hrs.

A

Anonymous

Vodafone are also offering an upgrade deal on 3rd generation iPhone's here in Ireland...just had a call from a mate considering it at ?99 !! Bargain...so I guess this is where they are all disappearing to...!!
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts