iPhone headphones

John Duncan

Having given up on trying to get a Nexus One to work (though still negotiating an HTC Legend for Android R&D purposes), I took delivery of an iPhone yesterday. Was on way home listening to Spotify (through Senns rather than the Apple headset, obv) and the phone went. Was very odd - I answered it as one would normally do - taking one earphone out and holding to ear - and the voice came from the other earphone still in situ. Eventually ended up talking to the bottom of the iPhone Apprentice stylee...

This state of affairs can't obviously be allowed to continue (ie I want to buy new stuff) - has anybody had experience of replacement buds with a built-in mic? I see that Sony do them, and Apple do their upmarket ones, but don't think I've seen any others - anybody got any suggestions?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We've reviewed quite a few pairs with built-in mics, but don't have that feature in our current online review tech-specs (ahem...), so you'd need to root around the in-ear reviews....

These Altec Lansings are particularly impressive, though not fully iPhone-compatible in terms of playback controls.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Etymotic hf2s have a built-in mic and the earpieces an be customed-moulded to fit your inner ear, which makes them (almost) noise isolating. And how come you got your iPhone before me, JD?
emotion-9.gif

A

Anonymous

Andy Clough:Etymotic hf2s have a built-in mic and the earpieces an be customed-moulded to fit your inner ear, which makes them (almost) noise isolating. And how come you got your iPhone before me, JD?
emotion-9.gif
Count yourself lucky! Now you can get yourself a Nokia N900, which eats iphones for breakfast.

John Duncan

Tarquinh:Andy Clough:Etymotic hf2s have a built-in mic and the earpieces an be customed-moulded to fit your inner ear, which makes them (almost) noise isolating. And how come you got your iPhone before me, JD?
emotion-9.gif
Count yourself lucky! Now you can get yourself a Nokia N900, which eats iphones for breakfast.

Except it doesn't. But hey.

Fisherking 145

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Klipsch S4i's are pretty good, & Sennheiser do the mm50's, which are cx300's with a mic. The Etymotic hf2's allow playback control but no control over volume, the s4i's do, not sure about the mm50's. The Sennheisers can be had for very little money, just type mm50 into Google.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts