Inconsistent reviewing

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Maybe What HiFi could change the way it reviews. I really like another website that brakes down everything into different categorys like Build & Design, OS & Eco System, Battery Life & Performance, Value For Money etc and mark it out of 10 and then give an over all % because at the moment we don't get to see all this in the current What HiFi reviews.

You can still have What HiFi 5 star rating e.g

0 to 20% = 1 stars

21 to 40% = 2 star

41 to 60% = 3 stars

61 to 80% = 4 stars

81 to 100% = 5 stars

You could say anything that get 91 to 100% is a highly recommended, or something along those lines

jjbomber

You can hardly call it inconsistant as it's always fixed for the Rotten Fruit. If the Apple 5 is so good, why is the 5s already being road tested? It was the same with the i[pad3. that was so good it was pulled after just 6 months. Did any reviewers on the Apple payroll dare to critise them? Of course not. Apple products these days are dogs with fleas, simple as that. They remind me a lot of Nokia, who were once the kings of the mobile phone market but are now the also rans. Being the hypocrite i am, i still use a iphone 3gs, two ipod classics full of Dio and an ipod Touch. They deliver the best sound. Nothing else.

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
It really annoys people that one company makes so many good products and why is it so many people get so personal over a phone?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
It's quite simple, people don't like being wrong. If someone buys product A and product B gets a better review the product A buyers think that that means they're being told they made the wrong decision, when it doesn't necessarily mean that at all, so they argue the toss to reinforce their belief that they were right. The actual product is irrelevant.

Paul.

duty_calls.png

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
One of the long-standing issues is that the reviewers are not technical people. That may have been fine in the old analog world - but they need to understand how encoding and rendering and so on work if they are to review in a digital age.

I often hark on about it - but statements such as "HDMI cable A givesa more clear sound and impressive bass than HDMI cable B" are just laughable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts