iPhone Battery Issues Seem To Be Popping Up Over The Net, Is It True?

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Apparently the iPhone 5 is suffering from major battery issues, like only lasting 4 or 5 hours. Some have said its because its the LTE chip high power consumption, is this the thing to come with all LTE phones ?

How are iPhone 5 users on WHF find there battery life ? and what about anyone else that uses a LTE phone?

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Just been looking more into it and it seems its the iOS 6 thats the problem, The has been major reports from across the board with all iPhones since the upgrade to iOS 6

Even my iPad 2 i have noticed major battery loss in such a short time since the upgrade

I guess the iPhone 5 would of been tested using the iOS 5 which i would of thought would make the battery claims more believable

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Quote from our iPhone 5 review (running iOS6):

"Day-to-day use made minimal impact on the battery and we easily went 24 hours with average usage. Smartphone batteries won’t deliver much longer than a long day of heavy use and the iPhone 5 battery performed admirably on that benchmark.

There remain concerns that the 4G use could drain the battery but until the EE 4G network goes live, we’ve no way of checking that, though reports in the US seem favourable."

mykspence

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Every new phone that I've had in the last few years has had poor battery life for the first week or so, then I stop buggering around with it at every opportunity and the battery life miraculously improves.

A

Anonymous

This happens to me at 39 - 35% on my 3GS as well. I noticed that the battery indicated does not show a proper reading.

My difference is this started happening to me about 1.5 weeks BEFORE the iOS 5 release. I was hoping that it would be corrected with the new OS but no. I've restored to factory settings and it shut off again at the 39 - 35% range.

Regards

Sid

Link deleted by mods. See house rules.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I am not having any issues with mine ? And thats on ios6 ? Battery life is very good. It's a great phone.

My old 3gs however is experiencing major wifi signal problems since the upgrade. Unless I am in the same room as the router it keeps losing the signal. Its really, really bad.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Apple "customer service"

You're not using it right - battery life

You're not pointing it right - purple flare on camera

You're not holding it right - wifi problems

You're not storing it right - scuffs + scratches

You're not travelling right - maps

But seriously - is it IOS or is it just an installed app thats not sleeping properly?

D

Deleted member 2457

landzw said:
Apparently the iPhone 5 is suffering from major battery issues, like only lasting 4 or 5 hours. Some have said its because its the LTE chip high power consumption, is this the thing to come with all LTE phones ?

How are iPhone 5 users on WHF find there battery life ? and what about anyone else that uses a LTE phone?

Lots of reported issues on the internet about the battery life on the 4s when first released, but I never had any issues.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts