iPhone 5S headphone SQ

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Had chance to extensively test one today. Doesn't seem to sound as good as my 4S. What happened there then? Also it's about 3dB quieter. Won't go through the boring details but I'm pretty sure I ruled-out any other variables, including my expectation-bias which started off by expecting the 5S would be better.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Had chance to extensively test one today. Doesn't seem to sound as good as my 4S. What happened there then? Also it's about 3dB quieter. Won't go through the boring details but I'm pretty sure I ruled-out any other variables, including my expectation-bias which started off by expecting the 5S would be better.

I moved from a 4 to a 5. Didn't notice any reduction in SQ (both very good IMO) but the 5 was definitely much more limited with volume. This would make no difference to me at the volumes I use earphones, but it is just a little too quiet when trying to play the kermode film review podcast (bizarrely quiet) when using the phone to drive a little pure radio I have in the bathroom.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it's because it's so obviously quieter for any given volume-setting which made me think it didn't sound as good. Didn't think I was imagining that at least.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts