iPhone 4 updating problems

duncansbby

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi - I have a one week old iphone 4, and was wondering if anyone else was having problems updating. Both times, going from 4 to 4.01, and 4.01 to 4.02, the phone has stuck in an endless restore cycle with an error 9 message. Have managed to fix it using Recboot exit, but quite disappointed that its happened twice

A

Anonymous

Very surprising, my iphone 4 has just been updated to 4.02 about an hour ago and it flew threw with no problems.

I would be in contact with Apple or where you bought it from as it sounds like there is an issue somewhere in the phone.

duncansbby

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
I contacted Apple who were extremely unhelpful. said it was a problem with my itunes - even though my wife's worked perfectly, albeit 3gs. I told the operative that I had to download 3rd party software to fix it, and there were many posts on the Apple website to this effect, but she just stonewalled me and said it was my itunes

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
and as I write this from my Mac not in this life time until they fix that operating system which i think is more of a problem that the so called attennagate. Whats your take, curious minds would like to know do you think about ios 4 so far. I know my itouch is useless ie no battery life, freezing cannot go back to eariler platform etc and theres lots out there with the same problems.

peter8171

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
I've had nothing but problems when I've tried to update the OS on my touch. iTunes always times out the connection so that I have to start again. Never actually managed to get it to work.

Apple claimed it was my network connection that was at fault even though this is the only thing I've ever had a problem with on my connection. They then tried to claim they had helped to fix the problem when they had done nothing but stonewall me. Apple's customer service on email is the worst I've ever dealt with.

Went to the Apple store in Leicester in the end and they sorted my problem out in 5 minutes when upgrading to 3.1.3. Really helpful in the shop. However, having read of so many problems with OS4, I've decided to not bother upgrading the OS as it is just not going to work anyway. Apple customer service is atrocious, they should at least make an OS update available by sending out a CD if requested.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts