Iphone 4 update has made reception worse!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All

Just to let you know that Apple issued the software fix to display the proper aerial reception on the Iphone 4 the other day and ive updated it but i have to say... it's now even more rubbish for reception than it was before! I used to get 5 bars out of 5 in my house, now i seem to get 4 bars if im lucky and a stable 3 bars?! When im out and the phone is in my pocket and soon as i get it out of my pocket i notice it's on 1 bar?! I mean what the hell is going on! Im experiencing these problems with the official Apple Bumper attached on the phone (which im due a refund as i purchased this)!

Has anyone got the same problems on their Iphone 4 after the update? My Iphone 3G is still perfect and the reception is 5 out of 5! I think this is going to cause more problems for Apple, very very shoddy i must say, their tech guys are losing the plot, instead of making it better, they are making it worse??

Zarn_Smith

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
What apple have done is corrected a bug which showed too many bars. So worry not, you just always had 3-4 bars instead of 5... Seemingly this bug has existed since the very first iphone.

Seeing as there is no industry standard on how many bars to show, it makes very little difference. Of course now you think it is worse than it was. This time however you will blame the carrier if you have no bars and drop a call instead of the phone showing 5 bars (seemingly incorrectly) and the call is dropped.

Ultimately it is a ploy to divert attention from the antenna which is being termed a design flaw in a chunk of the IT press.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Apple are starting to get a little over confident in their own rhetoric - the "bug" in the software came about after criticisms of the original iPhone reception which was miraculously fixed with an update (the phone then displayed more bars of reception than previous), seems a little naive to believe that they just miscalculated something which they've fixed now there IS a real problem...

The denial of a problem and saying "all phones do it" with the current issue is again a little patronising to their customers - yes all phones suffer an attenuated signal when you clasp them tightly in your hand as there's a bag of flesh, blood and bone for the signal to pass through - this is NOT the same issue as suffered with the iPhone. You don't need some "death grip", merely to just lightly touch the bottom left corner where the antennae meet with a fingertip and you can stop a 3G download almost instantly. I even made a YouTube video of it because I was tired of arguing with Apple "Fanboys" on the matter!

I love Apple products but they have disappointed me with their reaction to the criticisms of the iP4, if O2 allow the exchange over 30 days (as Apple promised) mine will be going back to exchange for an HTC Desire - not because I don't think the iP4 is a very good device, but more as a matter of principal. Apple are gradually becoming the new Microsoft with their increased popularity, they dictate and their followers believe!
emotion-5.gif

T

the record spot

I saw the Steve Jobs media announcement on holiday the other week. Must admit, I didn't hear any of the Apple fanboys (of whom there are usually many in the audience for these things) jumping up and down, whoopin' and a-hollerin' when they heard all they needed to fix their iPhone was a rubber band. Ah, technology: Apple breaks the perimeter once again!

D

Deleted member 2457

If i had bought a iphone i would have definetely sent it back for a refund.

D

Deleted member 2457

the_lhc:gel: i would have WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL GEL????!!1!!

Nope the real gel is here, i also watched that jobs interview on sky news, dear oh dear.
emotion-45.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts