iOS 8 & Family Sharing

Twill

Oct 6, 2007
Visit site
Can anyone help me understand the finer points of Family Sharing in iOS8?

I’m trying to wrap my head around how it will work for my wife and I, who have an iPhone each, with our own AppleID for each.

We want to be able to share purchases between ourselves, so we don’t have to buy an app twice to have it on both phones, but I’m not clear on what the other implications are.

presumably we’d need to set up a new AppleID that was a joint one for the two of us, linked to our joint account, so that costs were shared. But if we did that, and still wanted to be able to purchase things as individuals, how would that work?

For example, if I set up family sharing and then wanted to by myself a big-ticket TV Series from iTunes, that costs a lot, and that my wife has no interest in whatsoever, I’d want to use my own AppleID for that, since it’s not something I should be getting from our joint funds.

Hope this makes sense. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Twill

Oct 6, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for that, I read the info originally but still couldn't quite figure out how it would work in reality.

If I have an iPhone with my AppleID linked to my card, and my wife has the same, but we wanted an AppleID linked to a joint card, then three IDs in to two devices doesn't go... does it?

Perhaps the best thing is for one of us to register our existing ID with a joint card, and have that person be the organiser. That person wouldn't then be able to make massive purchases for things that only interested them, but that should be okay.

sophiw

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
You can set up Family Sharing in iOS 8 devices using this Steps.
regular_smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts