Invent a new problem for / with hi-fi and a product to solve it...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Gaz37 said:
So my plan is to buy packs of Blutac for 99p, stick it in some fancy packaging and market it as Acoustic Damping Tac.

"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun."

Black Tac

That comes on a roll, doesn't say "audio grade" on the packaging and isn't expensive enough to be any good.

Acoustic Damping Tac is what you need

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Looking for entries for my What Hi-Fi buzzword bingo sheet.
Obviously "Night and Day", "Sound Stage" need to be on there, but I need more suggestions.
For those not familiar with buzzword bingo, all the phrases go into individual squares on a grid. As you leaf through the mag you blot out each buzzword. When you've got all four corners you can pause for some actual music, or a leak, or a cuppa. When you complete the grid entirely you get to post "Bingo!" and move on to reading Country Life or something else.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
Obviously "Night and Day", "Sound Stage" need to be on there

"Night and day" I'll give you, but 'soundstage' pretty accurately describes the way a stereo system creates the illusion of a 3D sonic image in front of you, with performers located in both the width and depth planes.

"Talented" is my favourite WHF buzzword: unless an amplifier or whatever can balance a ball on its nose while playing a motor-horn, I'm not sure how it can be talented.

A011580.jpg

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Problem :
The jitter in the cd player is too high. It's affecting the psychological emotion of the end result. Even if no human can hear them.

Solution :
I will build ultra low jitter cd extractor and sell them in high end cd-player.

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Problem :

Our world is full with rays and other radiation of Wifi, GSM, radio, ect... This can affect the functionning of our hifi cables, that will work like antennas.

Solution :

I will sell them, very expensive made cables, with revolutionnary solutions in winding and shielding, and can pretend that this will protect my cable from those "influence".

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Problem:

The world is full of Armchair Experts who think they know everything there is to know, because they read about it on the internet.

Solution:

Nod in agreement (this placates their ego and sense of self-importance), then let your ears decide what works.

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:
Infiniteloop said:
NSA_watch_my_toilet said:
hehe... looks like that at least one person bought a sliver coated cd transport. *man_in_love*

Or perhaps an Amplifier coated in fake gold to go with its coloured sound?*ROFL*

Everyone knows that champagne coloured Marantz's sound better, don't they??

Naturally. It's well known. But only in combination with the copper covered interior. *kiss2*

And the golden amps are, of course, better for noble music. Because champain is better than vodka and coke.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Al ears said:
Infiniteloop said:
hehe... looks like that at least one person bought a sliver coated cd transport. *man_in_love*

Or perhaps an Amplifier coated in fake gold to go with its coloured sound?*ROFL*

Naturally. It's well known. But only in combination with the copper covered interior. *kiss2*

And the golden amps are, of course, better for noble music. Because champain is better than vodka and coke.

Is that why you like the sound of your Accuphase?*biggrin*

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
Al ears said:
Infiniteloop said:

Yes bro ! Lots of champain make them sound muuuuch better.*lol*

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
Al ears said:
Infiniteloop said:

Yes bro ! Lots of champain make them sound muuuuch better.*lol*

Um. Okay.

Benedict_Arnold said:
Looking for entries for my What Hi-Fi buzzword bingo sheet. Obviously "Night and Day", "Sound Stage" need to be on there, but I need more suggestions. For those not familiar with buzzword bingo, all the phrases go into individual squares on a grid. As you leaf through the mag you blot out each buzzword. When you've got all four corners you can pause for some actual music, or a leak, or a cuppa. When you complete the grid entirely you get to post "Bingo!" and move on to reading Country Life or something else.
It has to include 'organised' which seems to be a current favourire. Like a lot of these terms, I have a hunch what it means, but another reader might interpret it rather differently.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Problem :The jitter in the cd player is too high. It's affecting the psychological emotion of the end result. Even if no human can hear them.

Solution :I will build ultra low jitter cd extractor and sell them in high end cd-player.
How about a wow and flutter simulator? Could be used in conjunction with hiss, pop, scratch and stuck needle simulators....
Oh. And pre packaged Angora wool needle fluff for the connesieur vinyl lover...

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Catnip makes an excellent legal, if not very satisfying (unless you're a cat) substitute when "rolling your own" on an old DSOTM LP reminiscing about your student days...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts