Internet Radio on the pioneers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey

Just started getting into this Internet radio thing, first time i have heard it and the quality is amazing.

But how do you wonder through the hundreds of thousands of stations?

I like a lot of classical rock and R&B and some new rock, but searching is a bit confusing.

Any tips?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Another supid question, how do I find that on the pioneer?

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I was just thinking the same thing. The internet radio function on the LX83 is great but I noticed last week it was far from impressive on the 920. Turning on the 73 this morning it appears to have the same interface as the 920. I better do some research to find out if you can adjust the settings/streams.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
canada16:Another supid question, how do I find that on the pioneer?

No idea. Presumably you check your instructions for how to search.

I assume it must give you the ability to enter characters/strings to search for.

There were over 11,000 stations (last time I checked) so you can hardly scroll through them all without some means of narrowing the search/selection criteria.

A

Anonymous

chebby:

canada16:Another supid question, how do I find that on the pioneer?

No idea. Presumably you check your instructions for how to search.

I assume it must give you the ability to enter characters/strings to search for.

There were over 11,000 stations (last time I checked) so you can hardly scroll through them all without some means of narrowing the search/selection criteria.

You would think wouldnt you, but there is no function to manually type in a radio station from what I can see.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Ok I have had a look into it and you can manually type in an address with the remote or more conveniently through a web browser.

In other settings you can find the unit's IP address and from there access a basic GUI. I have SUBFM working qutite the thing from my office. The interface is not quite 100% in terms of control but adding stations is easy.

A

Anonymous

You know what would be cool.

If you can get a flash drive, upload all the presets to the drive and plug it in.

BANG!! You have all your favourite stations right there

A

Anonymous

So I go onto the pioneer website and copy and past the stations I want, and then it will be on my amp?

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
You need to find the IP address of your amp. Go into the settings and it is displayed there. Type that into a browser and up comes the amplifier's web GUI. Under internet Radio you will see a list of the pre-defind stations. From there you can paste the .asx or .pls URL from your station of choice and upload to the amp. Google will give you thousands of choices.

A

Anonymous

Sweet thanks mate, will give it a go when I get home.

Seems quite easy, I know were the amps IP address is.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Sorry Canada, first time logged in today - busy!

Nick's already given you all the info you need. I will admit, I've only used the internet radio briefly on the 920, and found it a little dauting after using intenet radio on my previous Yamaha, which allows you to scroll through stations, genres etc - much easier. I've not used the internet radio on my SCLX82 as I now use a Sonos ZP90.

TRENDING THREADS