Volume fading on internet radio

derekc2309

Sep 18, 2023
Visit site
Derek Clements

I am listening to Internet radio (Majority Fitzwilliam 3), mainly Radio 3. The unit is being fed into an Arcam SA30 amplifier via both optical or coax (I've tried both) and out to speakers. The unit is very close to the router and the signal strength seems good.
The volume of the output seems to be fading up and down, almost as if someone is adjusting the volume control!
I have a faint suspicion that it may be happening on DAB as well, but I'm not certain. I've not tried FM yet. I have reset the router.

Tonight the volume went down to virtually zero.

Any ideas??

Last edited:
Derek Clements
Majority Fitzwilliam 3

I am listening to Internet radio, mainly Radio 3. The unit is being fed into an Arcam SA30 amplifier via both optical or coax (I've tried both) and out to speakers. The unit is very close to the router and the signal strength seems good.
The volume of the output seems to be fading up and down, almost as if someone is adjusting the volume control!
I have a faint suspicion that it may be happening on DAB as well, but I'm not certain. I've not tried FM yet. I have reset the router.

Tonight the volume went down to virtually zero.

Any ideas??
What device are you using for internet radio? Neither your router nor your choice of cable can be causing a volume change.

It's the Majority Fitzwilliam 3
Ah, I saw that heading, but it looked more like a football score! (I now realise it was your name and the tuner name) Sorry, I’ve never heard of it, but as I mentioned, volume changes cannot be due to cables or routers.

Classical music sometimes suffers from excessive compression on Classic FM and Scala radio, but BBC Radio 3 is usually very good in that respect.

You could always try streaming the same station using your amp, as I suggested before you bought an add on device.

TRENDING THREADS