Interesting video

D

Deleted member 195594

I was under the impression the MA's were bright too. Is the Leema a neutral amp?

I was surprised at first when he said he had the TQ Blue Ultras in the system, as he usually opts for quite expensive speaker cables. I think has the TQ Statements which are insane money.

But it seems he's used the Ultra Blues to "warm" things up a bit. I used the TQ Blues II's for this purpose, but they were a bit too effective for my tastes.

I watched this via Sonos, not ideal, but it sounded pretty good

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
“I watched this via Sonos, not ideal, but it sounded pretty good”

What?

So it sounded like a muddy boomy Sonos speaker?

“Not a huge fan of audio vids as it's hard to really decipher the sound quality”

Hard, it’s impossible they are the worst type of review, I remember when Terry was just a general punter around these parts and he even had the same views.

D

Deleted member 195594

Relatively speaking. Wind your neck in. I was interested as I know PP is a Leema fan/user and wanted to get an idea of what he finds appealing about the brand.

As for old Tezza, I have no Idea what his views are, or his history, and care twice as less

I was under the impression the MA's were bright too. Is the Leema a neutral amp?

I was surprised at first when he said he had the TQ Blue Ultras in the system, as he usually opts for quite expensive speaker cables. I think has the TQ Statements which are insane money.

But it seems he's used the Ultra Blues to "warm" things up a bit. I used the TQ Blues II's for this purpose, but they were a bit too effective for my tastes.

I watched this via Sonos, not ideal, but it sounded pretty good
The RS6s work a treat with the Pulse. Another poster years ago, VoodooDoctor I recall, had the Tucana with the original PL100. Then I think he upgraded to the Leema Hydra. Clearly MAs are more tolerant of amps than people might think.

Never heard any of the Elements range, but if the Elements has the same house sound of their other amps, it's understandable.

What's more interesting IMO is matching a 50 watt £1500 amp with a £3500 4 ohm speaker.

Based on my own experience the Pulse and MAs are quite neutral. Even a recent demo of MA Gold 100s were typical of the brand.

Last edited:
“I watched this via Sonos, not ideal, but it sounded pretty good”

What?

So it sounded like a muddy boomy Sonos speaker?

“Not a huge fan of audio vids as it's hard to really decipher the sound quality”

Hard, it’s impossible they are the worst type of review, I remember when Terry was just a general punter around these parts and he even had the same views.
I vaguely remember him, although can't recall any of his posts or username.

I only came across this video the other night.

Whether that combo sounds good in the flesh, don't know. When I asked about a speaker upgrade before buying the PMCs, CnoEvil and another said these Platinum speakers were an overkill. If a 50 watt Elements sounds good there's no reason why my 80 watt amp shouldn't.

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
Yes, I remember him too. Nice chap and he was asking for support for his then new channel.

Looks like that is not needed anymore :). Manufacturers seem to fall over themselves to have their products reviewed by him and long it may continue.

Whilst Tube vids may not be indicative on how something sounds in your home they are certainly fun.

I hate nothing more than show videos where the sound is some royalty free overdub.

Last edited:
Yes, I remember him too. Nice chap and he was asking for support for his then new channel.

Looks like that is not needed anymore :). Manufacturers seem to fall over themselves to have their products reviewed by him and long it may continue.

Whilst Tube vids may not be indicative on how something sounds in your home they are certainly fun.

I hate nothing more than show videos where the sound is some royalty free overdub.
Agree they can be fun or a distraction. As I can only hear them via a cheap Samsung Smartphone and cheap, tatty pair of Sony headphones, I don't take these vids too seriously.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts